Prince is a thief?

So my wife and I recorded SNL and are watching the Prince performance

He plays a riff many times that sound exactly like Pantera's "I'm Broken."

I even pulled it up on YouTube and my wife said she heard it as well.

Of the 4 or 5 of you that watch SNL did you hear it as well? Phone Post 3.0

1. he's a faggot
    2. DD prety much played heavy blues riffs, and prince is no stranger to blues guitar, so its possible there was some similar sounding riffage.

its like using G, C, D, and E chords. theres countless songs thatuse those same chords and many in the same fashion. link to vid so i can gauge the situation better?

psychosphere - So my wife and I recorded SNL and are watching the Prince performance

He plays a riff many times that sound exactly like Pantera's "I'm Broken."

I even pulled it up on YouTube and my wife said she heard it as well.

Of the 4 or 5 of you that watch SNL did you hear it as well? Phone Post 3.0

My wife and I were watching the show for just a few minutes when this came on and I said the same damn thing.

Yup, that riff sounds pretty spot on. Phone Post 3.0

i still love radiohead putting him in his place when someone youtubed his version of creep.

Just listened to it. It does sound very similar.

Drugs_Delaney - i still love radiohead putting him in his place when someone youtubed his version of creep.

What? Never heard of that.

Metallica's Sad But True completely ripped off Kid Rocks riff in American Badass. It's bull shit. Can't believe Lars wasn't all over that. Phone Post 3.0

I read an interview steve vai did once, said he was invited to a studio by prince's people and waited around for him but iirc he didn't show. Steve said he spent the time fucking around on his guitar in the studio working on a riff, and about a year later heard the riff on one of princes new tracks

I'm hazy on the details and not sure which track, but that's the gist Phone Post 3.0

Jored1990 - I read an interview steve vai did once, said he was invited to a studio by prince's people and waited around for him but iirc he didn't show. Steve said he spent the time fucking around on his guitar in the studio working on a riff, and about a year later heard the riff on one of princes new tracks

I'm hazy on the details and not sure which track, but that's the gist Phone Post 3.0
I just googled that^

I think I was way off, but I read it like 10 years lol Phone Post 3.0

The real question is....

Who wants to bone that drummer?

When my stepdad lived in MN he worked with the company that painted Princes house.
Said he was the biggest asshole he ever met. Phone Post

I think he played on Fallon and borrowed one of their bands guitars. After he finished playing, he drops the fucker on the stage and leaves. I don't care who you are, you don't fuck with someone else's shit like that.

Yes, he paid to have it repaired... But it could have been sentimental and probably was, and won't be the same. Phone Post 3.0

Prince has turned down more pussy than all of your favorite bands combined have actually fucked.

LOL @ Prince stealing riffs from them. Nigga please Phone Post 3.0

It was Kirk Douglas's 1961 Epiphone Crestwood that he smashed. You can see Fallon pick it up afterwards with this WTF look on his face?

Just watched the video. He actually tosses it about 8ft in the air. Phone Post 3.0

http://youtu.be/8LhcParuzpc

I post this every time a Prince thread shows up. It's a must watch imho. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Just watched the video. He actually tosses it about 8ft in the air. Phone Post 3.0

precisely why i posted this in my 1st post

1. he's a faggot

I No Kung Foo - 
Drugs_Delaney - i still love radiohead putting him in his place when someone youtubed his version of creep.

What? Never heard of that.

he covered creep and someone posted it to youtube, he had it taken down. radiohead said stfu, its our song so it stays.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045247/radiohead-to-prince-unblock-creep-youtube-vids