Principles of passing spider guard

Not very good with my spider guard passes. I usually am good about keeping my base/balance and not getting swept, but I spend alot of time and kind of stall him until I can get out. I'd prefer to be able to be able to break and pass this more effectively, can anybody that is good doing so give me some good pointers. Obviously, it's best to avoid letting him get the control in the first place, but sometimes I can't help that.

When done right... no can defend.

I'm just saying.

step on his balls and pull your hands away.

This is one option you may want to try:

http://jenbjj.com/NewTechnique/pass_spider_01.html

Two questions.

1. Any advice for getting rid of the leg lasso?

2. What do you do when you "secure" the pin but your opponent keeps a spider hook in and extended in order to regain the guard.

"1. Any advice for getting rid of the leg lasso?"

You have to base yourself on the side he has lassoed, and turn your wrist in so that it comes around to the outside of his leg. You then use his leg as a fulcrum to break the grip.

"2. What do you do when you "secure" the pin but your opponent keeps a spider hook in and extended in order to regain the guard. "

I dont think you have secured anything in that case. You need to break the hooks first, then pass and secure. Trying to pass while a hook remains is a good way to get swept or bicep locked (although the lock is illegal in tourneys).

kick him in the jimmy

credit to buzzcut for this one

Baroquen Record - step on his balls and pull your hands away.

This works.

robhustle - 

This works.

not on chicks

mikedub07 - 
robhustle - 

This works.

not on chicks

Not true! If your chick has his balls still in her, you had better step on them and pull your hands away.

Marcelo Garcia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsC25uABjOs

I don't have much luck with his detail at the 1:54 mark though, b/c the other guy usually keeps the palm of the hand up and his elbow out. I have better luck doing what Andre said but I also like to put my knee into is heel and put some twisting pressure on his foot.

Another thing I like to do is get to the position that you call secure (although you're not), but pull his but up over his head. He'll usually end up in turtle with your sleeve between his legs, which has it's own dangers (oma, triangle) but I like to pass in this position by getting the guy onto his side so that his back is facing you. He can't keep is forearm across his thigh with his elbow out b/c the mat is in the way.