Privilege: Race, Looks, Economics, Talent, etc.

I don't understand why privilege is now something that people ought to feel badly about or be ashamed of.

Yes, some people have advantages that other people don't have. Some people are born into rich families, some people win the genetic lottery and look like Brad Pitt, but so what? Life isn't fair.

Good for them, I say.

NerveBlock -
EFM -
NerveBlock -
EFM -
NerveBlock -

There is no privilege that even comes close to pretty girl privilege. 

There is no better thing to be on this planet than an attractive, tall, educated, white, man from the first world.  If you dont agree with that, you're extreme naive.

I am that.  I dont apologize for it, but i certainly acknowledge i have a huge leg up on the rest of tne world.

A tall, attractive white man isn't just "educated". They work to become educated. I would agree they're some of the most privileged, but being an attractive, educated, white woman from the first world is by far more privilege. Literally all they have to do is be attractive and have a good personality and a husband will happily go to work every day to provide for them in exchange for loyalty and sex. 

people from wealthy families are typically educated.  some work for it more than others, but plenty don't work for it at all.

while being an attractive, educated, white woman is not a bad deal at all, i'd point to slowshot's post above and ask you, would you rather be an attractive, educated, white man or an attractive, educated, white woman?

I would rather be a man because I enjoy being a man. But I recognize it comes with more work than being a woman. Quite a lot more. 

Attractive, tall, educated men have advantages in their career over women, but that's the point. They actually have to have careers. Have you ever been to a gym at 10am? They're full of attractive late thirties women working out while their husbands are at their jobs. 

that sounds like the narrative of the lazy kept man that wants to be taken care of.  i want to go out and accomplish shit.  lots of women do too.  i have a significant advantage over them.

saglv -

I don't understand why privilege is now something that people ought to feel badly about or be ashamed of.

Yes, some people have advantages that other people don't have. Some people are born into rich families, some people win the genetic lottery and look like Brad Pitt, but so what? Life isn't fair.

Good for them, I say.

shaming people for privilidge is bullshit.  but acting like privilidge doesn't exist is too.

SAPPER13 -

Some privileges exist, that's just a fact of life. All the bitching and whining is just tilting at windmills imo.

Speaking of tilting at windmills, whatever happened to that faggot Donkee Hotee? Did he finally get run out of here?

Kinda agree with OP.

I was watching Origin on YouTube and while Tom Felton face was all over the advertisement, his Japanese Australian costar had pretty much most of the show and was getting oohs and ahhs over his good looks and acting ability.

It was clear the producers had the Japanese Australian star in mind from the start while using Tom Felton name to promote the series.

EFM - 
saglv -

Good for them, I say.

shaming people for privilidge is bullshit.  but acting like privilidge doesn't exist is too.

Yeah.

What is the endgame in this privledge arguement? What do the people making these claims expect to happen? 

EFM - 
NerveBlock -

There is no better thing to be on this planet than an attractive, tall, educated, white, man from the first world.  If you dont agree with that, you're extreme naive.

I am that.  I dont apologize for it, but i certainly acknowledge i have a huge leg up on the rest of tne world.

I work in government and being a white male is the worst thing possible. Every job I apply to, there is a box to check for affirmative action advancement: are you a visible minority, are you a woman, are you Native, etc. There are quotas for advancement.

I have great academic credentials and great private sector work experience credentials, yet I have lost numerous competitions to people who had lesser credentials (but were visible minorities or had a vagina). I have finally clawed my way into a senior level position, but it was a huge uphill battle.

If I had been a visible minority or a woman, I would have advanced much faster and further.

What about silky foreskin privilege?

Some of must moisturize up to 4 times a day in the winter to keep a smooth, shiny hood while others don't have to work for it.  

As someone else pointed out (beat me to it) pretty girl privilege is the only real privilege for the avg. person that really makes a difference.

EFM -
NerveBlock -
EFM -
NerveBlock -
EFM -
NerveBlock -

A tall, attractive white man isn't just "educated". They work to become educated. I would agree they're some of the most privileged, but being an attractive, educated, white woman from the first world is by far more privilege. Literally all they have to do is be attractive and have a good personality and a husband will happily go to work every day to provide for them in exchange for loyalty and sex. 

people from wealthy families are typically educated.  some work for it more than others, but plenty don't work for it at all.

while being an attractive, educated, white woman is not a bad deal at all, i'd point to slowshot's post above and ask you, would you rather be an attractive, educated, white man or an attractive, educated, white woman?

I would rather be a man because I enjoy being a man. But I recognize it comes with more work than being a woman. Quite a lot more. 

Attractive, tall, educated men have advantages in their career over women, but that's the point. They actually have to have careers. Have you ever been to a gym at 10am? They're full of attractive late thirties women working out while their husbands are at their jobs. 

that sounds like the narrative of the lazy kept man that wants to be taken care of.  i want to go out and accomplish shit.  lots of women do too.  i have a significant advantage over them.

I have no desire to be taken care of. I want to go out and accomplish things too. But I can work and accomplish things or work and not accomplish anything. Either way I'm working. Men don't have the option not to. 

Im not saying attractive, educated white males don't have privilege. I'm just saying life as a smart, hot white girl from the US is life on easy mode. 

Zilla2000 - 

What is the endgame in this privledge arguement? What do the people making these claims expect to happen? 

exactly. They are just butthurt because they aren’t in the club

I am white. It has never got me a damn thing.

My body and my skills made my living. The folks cutting the paychecks could not have cared less if I was green.

How well I did my job is the only thing that mattered.

This racial shit we have going on now reminds me of how it was as a kid in the 60s. Thought we were well past this.

Guess not. Thanks Obama.

Dryfly - I am white. It has never got me a damn thing.

My body and my skills made my living. The folks cutting the paychecks could not have cared less if I was green.

This racial shit we have going on now reminds me of how it was as a kid in the 60s. Thought we were well past this.

Guess not. Thanks Obama.

is that a troll post or are you serious?

Dryfly - I am white. It has never got me a damn thing.

Guess not. Thanks Obama.

"My body and my skills made my living."

Ya, your WHITE body.

EDIT: FUcking App.