Pro Fighter Insurance/Health Care???

I have a health care question for the UG in General, but specifically for Green names who are training, working hard and fighting to make bigger shows.

Im sure the Zuffa/Strikforce type promotions have some kind of insurance plan for training injuries, after fights, and such. So what about the guys trying to make it full time, who arnt signed, or just starting out?

-What kind of coverage do you have?
-Do You pay it yourself?
-Do sponsorships cover this sort of thing?
-Are there any good plans someone could recommend to other fighters, Or UGers with NO Health care plan?

I searched to the best of my mud ability for a similar thread and apologize if this has been discussed in this way before.

Like I said, I am directing this toward "Greens" who post here and could pass any info along, But any UGer, PLEASE feel free to weigh in.
It really sucks to be sick or hurt and not be able to see a Doc...

Fighters are usually covered for their fight and thats it. Unless a fighter some how negociates something different in a contract I dont see why any promotion would pay for health insurance for anything else.

Its no different than anybody quiting a job to do what they like fulltime. You have no coverage unless you pay for it. If I quit my job to work on Chevy's full time would GM pay for my insurance? No.

So health insurance for a fighter is just like a cost of doing business.
Instead of investing in tools to work on Chevys, you bite the bullet, pay for insurance and invest in yourself really...

My health care question is lost in a sea of Coleman Trolls, Sonnen nuthuggers, and FUTA1 crap...TTT for any real input, UG...

EDIT:By the way I like Sonnen's self marketing, FUTA is great, and I'm as Hammer House as it gets, but enough is enough...

coxstar - So health insurance for a fighter is just like a cost of doing business.
Instead of investing in tools to work on Chevys, you bite the bullet, pay for insurance and invest in yourself really...

Well if you're under contract with GM to practice working on only Chevy's for the big "Fix Chevy's" event a few months away, you damn well better be covered, IMO.

EDIT: I meant to quote Wontsubmit, sorry. But hey, if pro fighters don't care, who am I to care? Just trying to look out for you mofo's!

What kind of coverage do you have WWEFIGHTER?
Since Im such a noob, who joined after I went to UFC 57 and lurked for 3 years before that...
Shove an '08 join date up your ass & go back to watching WWE in your moms basement. thanks.

coxstar - 
Im sure the Zuffa/Strikforce type promotions have some kind of insurance plan for training injuries,

Yeah, don't be so sure about these things. They are very good about covering injuries from fights, but anything beforehand is on the fighter.

You can however have a training injury, fight with it, then claim it as having happened in the fight, I suppose.

I was taking an "independant contractor" or "self employed" approach, with actual MMA fighters in mind who are high risk for injury.
I was just curious to what plans are out there for this type of thing, cost etc...
I mean all respect with my question...
I did a mud search as I mentioned in the original post, and didnt see many specific answers to insurance companies, plans and such...

LoganClark - You can however have a training injury, fight with it, then claim it as having happened in the fight, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure that is how Gurgel got his knee reconstructed.

I read it...
Im not gonna buy democratic health reforms as saving anyones bacon but I am a Townes fan...Pancho and Lefty all day...
Im looking for specific plans I guess, that the MMA community is using outside of having the 9-5...
Does that make sense?

TownesVZ - Somewhat. You want to find out what insurance you have to carry in order to get licensed.

I am taking about what insurnace you are going to need in order to survive those 50 years you arent fighting anymore.`

Thats the insurance that yuo arenèt going to be able to get.

Go debate health care reform on a different forum. Or better yet use your passion for health care reform for something positive(like lobbying the fat cat politicians). Insulting people who don't agree with you is extremely childish and a typical leftist elitist comment.....