Problem at Morgan Stanley

I'm a college kid who has a few grand invested in a money market plan at Morgan Stanley. I've had it there for about five years, but with my recent internship, I'm a little broke. So I call up my broker and tell him to sell it and mail me the check. This was about a month ago. I wait for a couple of weeks and he tells me that it wasn't sold because it got reconverted back into the money markets. I'm irritated, but he tells me that he'll do it right away and I should have the check by Friday. It's Tuesday, and I left a message on his answering machine. I still have not gotten my call answered. I needed this money for Christmas and my tuition. What would you guys recommend I do?

speak to the branch manager. Just ring the main branch number and do ur thing.

you can escalate the issue but that may not always resolve your problem. call and try to get a straight answer first if your check has been sent. If yes ask them when the check was issued and when it was sent. If its regular mail it may take up to 10 business days from the day they sent it 'till it reaches your house, especially during holiday season or bad winter weather. if check still not sent escalate and ask that it be sent to you by xpress mail. ask them who will pick up the cost. if they tell you that you will, make it apoint to tell them that you have been misled and have been told that you should have received the check by now. if check is in the mail branch manager or whomever can't do much...kind of sux... if check is lost ask them to stop and re-issue a new one...ask them how long this will take, and ask for xpress mail...hope that helps....

you can escalate the issue but that may not always resolve your problem. call and try to get a straight answer first if your check has been sent. If yes ask them when the check was issued and when it was sent. If its regular mail it may take up to 10 business days from the day they sent it 'till it reaches your house, especially during holiday season or bad winter weather. if check still not sent escalate and ask that it be sent to you by xpress mail. ask them who will pick up the cost. if they tell you that you will, make it apoint to tell them that you have been misled and have been told that you should have received the check by now. if check is in the mail branch manager or whomever can't do much...kind of sux... if check is lost ask them to stop and re-issue a new one...ask them how long this will take, and ask for xpress mail...hope that helps....

money market is same as cash. he's giving you the runaround. if you still don't have your money, email me at pgeller@lerachlaw.com.

or you can email me stephen@sec.gov

stephen

Stephen how did you come to work for the SEC?

drove 495 south to the fisher freeway and took a left onto the grand river exit. it's right there on the right.

i don't

stephen