Problem with points formula

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the NAGA points formula seems to be a little unfair.

For instance, say that someone won the advanced division competing against only 1 other person in their weight class. Also, say that there were 100 people at the event.

Then, say that there was another person that won the advanced division who competed against 7 others, for a total of 8 in their weight class. Since they won they had to have 3 matches. Finally, say there were 100 people at the event.

According the the NAGA points formula they would recieve the same number of points, even though one guy had to have more matches. That seems a bit unfair to me. Instead of weighing points based on total number of competitors at an event, shouldn't they be weighed based on how many matches you had to have?

Thanks

I agree

I think it makes sense. Because sometimes people are afraid to step up and fight certain weight classes like Super Super Heavyweight. This system rewards those with the courage to step up. Also, why penalize someone who is so good, others may be afraid to compete against him/her.

I posted this once before.

Beginner/White belt divisions should have their points multiplied by one.

Intermediate/Blue belt divisions should have their points multiplied by three.

Advanced/Purple+ divisions should have their points multiplied by seven.

This would give more points to this who obviously have more skill, as well as those willing to "step up" and compete in the harder divisions, rather than sandbag and fight down.

Adam

Nice Idea Adam

that sounds more than fair+

WolvieKY