Problems at XFO

I was standing right there for the Curran Assuncao fight and the ref stood them up in some situations that didn't call for it the ref was trying to save jeff from getting knocked out on his own show thats all that happened jeff got a chance to save face in front of his home crown fans.

I was standing right there for the Curran Assuncao fight and the ref stood them up in some situations that didn't call for it the ref was trying to save jeff from getting knocked out on his own show thats all that happened jeff got a chance to save face in front of his home crown fans.

Truth being told, I pay everyone to win. That's what I do. I went to Quebec Canada, learned to speak french and asked all the judgest that don't know a thing about me to give me the decision in exchange for some cash. USD$ of course. That's how I beat waggney in that decision. Then, I figured I would hire a referee that could hold my hand through the fight because I hate when I get punched or kicked. To top that off, I asked to be kicked in the balls really fucking hard, I asked to have been kicked with an illegal down kick, later to be kneed (not intentionally, but kneed non the less) after the bell sounded in round 2. If that wasn't enough I asked Raphael to hold the cage while he had top position and then while I was down I upped the cash for the referee to stand us up again. It was a huge plan from the beginning. Well before the Sears Centre was built. And just for the record, 2000 of the 4,000 fans are against me. from chicago or not. I have had enemies around here my whole life. I don't know, maybe people hate success. Now, to make up for all my evil doings on the XFO as mentioned above (if you are believing it), then it's official. When it works, as I promised Raph, I will give him a rematch. I am sorry to Raphael and Junior and all their team if they feel that we were "against" him. I am not like that, none of my partners are like that. I actually insisted that Raph gets 50% of his win bonus as a gesture to show my respect and because of the close call. Those who weren't there can believe what you want. At this point, it's water under the bridge and we will both learn a lot from the fight. Raph, sorry again bro!

Thanks to my guys who support me too. I appreciate it.
Curran
peace
ttt

Were not saying your a bad fighter Jeff we would all like to see you fight him again on another card thats all you have been in the game a while and you know people want to see that fight again on nuetral ground!

neutral* ground

Curran's all class, all the time.

I have nothing but respect for the big frog.

The guy has been great to me and I have nothing to offer him.

Jeff Curran is a class act. All you haters keep drinking the haterade. Jeff will keep doing his thing and I will keep supporting the big frog.

If this was a setup, a point would have been deducted for the kick to the balls... another for the kicking a downed fighter, and another for the late knee... followed by a disqualification for grabbing the fence and striking in the third period.

Terry Martin threw an elbow in Rd. 1 and had a point deducted... held the fence in Rd. 2 and had a point deducted.

Get real...

And for Derek, a "fighter" that I certainly have never heard of... blow me. You know nothing about me. If you haven't dealt with me, and you haven't, then worry more about fight No. 2 in your blossoming career instead of commenting on something you know nothing about.

Fighterman18: At the rules meeting, what criteria was brought up about standups? Did the Ref follow the criteria or vary from it?

If you weren't at the meeting, and don't know what criteria was discussed, then how do you know if the standups were right or wrong?

sooooooo.......are those XFO 12 DVDs out yet??? I need to get Dougie something for Christmas.

As I said in another post Jeff, Monte, and Dan were all class. I didn't want to come out and say they paid half of the win money, but since Jeff said it... I think it was one of the classiest things I've ever seen from a promoter. A lot could've gone differently that night. In any promotion you are always at the judges mercy if you can't finish the fight. I think even states with state appointed judges often have bad decisions. Raphael is not a "dirty" fighter by any means. The standup thing was a little unclear. I was under the impression that if you were engaging while standing above a downed opponent you would be allowed to work. It would be great to see this fight happen again in the UFC or something. It was action packed bell to bell all 3 rounds. Everyone needs to grab the DVD. Jeff is a WARRIOR I know it's a played out word, but if you see the fight you'll know what I'm talking about.

LOL "To top that part, I asked to be kicking in the balls, really fucking hard"! LOL..

gokart: In a perfect world, it would be great to have the commission pick the judges and have control over it, rather than the organization.

Illinois' commission doesn't handle those duties. We used two regular XFO judges (same ones who voted against Bart Palaszewski in a close fight with Clay Guida) and one from out of state. The ref, who also does King of the Cage and IFL, has nothing to do with Curran or his team.

monte,
good to see you are still pomoting and making it possible for people to make money doing fights.

I guess Florida is a perfect World cause here every damn thing from taking a piss to anything other than water and gatorade in the dressing room is forbidden unless a commissioner is with you.

It is good for the sport though, but it does get annoying.

Great work with all your boys Monte, best of luck to you in the future.

Thanks,
Ross

What are u talking about guida took bart down at will and controlled that whole fight it wasn't close use a better example please!

Canario!

That was what I was going to get YOU for x-mas too!

LOL!

TTT

Well I think I got my inside scoop.  It seems that it was a close call, maybe a bit of bad reffing, and a lot of good show and fights.

Best of luck to both fighters in the future. 

Lets not even go there. Guida x Bart is another story! thank you
ttt

I am so tired of seeing so many crap comments. Sure, there was controversy over who won the fight, there always is no matter what show you watch. There are even disputable matches in the UFC but it doesn't matter. IF you want a guaranteed win, then you need to either do a submission or knock him out, otherwise you just have to accept what the judges call. I know Jeff and he puts on excellent shows. I Was very impresseion with XFO 13. SO many fights, lots of action, great card and a great place. He has no need to rig the fights. HE has more class than that. Maybe people have a problem with Team Curran kicking butt but you can't help it, when you have a school and a coach as good as Jeff, that's what you will get, a kickass team! Keep it up Team Curran! You guys are the best, I am very proud of all of you. It takes courage just to step in the cage let alone put it all on the line.
Jeff, I feel bad that all this went down but no matter what, people will talk if they want to. If it's not about this, it will be about something else. Keep up the great shows, can't wait for the next XFO!