Problems with Geforce FX5600 Ultra

Just got one and it has an extra requirement, so it needs to be hooked up to a 4 pin connector.

With this card installed (extra power enabled), 7 times out of 10, I can't even post.

With this card installed (without extra power enabled), 7 times out of 10, it won't post, 2 times out of 10, it will post, but when it searches for IDE devices, it freezes.

I have a 500 watt PSU.  I don't see how this card is using so much that the other components aren't getting enough.

Any ideas???

Use a connector directly off the psu if you can. My 9700pro allinwonder will reboot if it's linked up to anything else(cd/dvd drive, floppy etc.) but it works fine if I use I connector, just make sure that the end one is plugged into the card and leave the middle one empty or plug it into the hd.

You don't have onboard video enabled, do you? You might do a search for possible incompatability issues or BIOS upgrades.

I don't have onboard video.  I am using the Albatron KX18D Pro.

The link deal makes sense, but I think I am getting rid of this card, right away.

Got 3 case fans, CDRW, DVD player, and a CDROM, in additional to a hardrive, all running off this PSU.

Thanks!

It is a generic 500 Watt PSU, so it is probably only rated at 350 or so.

I sold the card for $100 and just bought an FX5200 256MB, instead.

The Ultra was way more card than I need anyway.

Thanks!