Prodigy’s Keith Flint died

RIP

here’s a little video of the crazy mofo

Holy shit.   RIP

dude has partied hard for the last 30 years!  You little twisted fire starter you.

Can we get some voodoo people up in this bitch. First song I ever heard from these mad cunts 

Bukkaked by Bombers - 

Can we get some voodoo people up in this bitch. First song I ever heard from these mad cunts 

Calling Papa Shango.

rip. 

RIP

Suicide too. He obviously used a lot of drugs in that scene, maybe substance abuse problems?

Wow, suicide?  Smack My Bitch Up rules.

Jored1990 -

Suicide too. He obviously used a lot of drugs in that scene, maybe substance abuse problems?

Still shocked so many have died and Keith Richard still walks this earth lol

nasthefad - 
Jored1990 -

Still shocked so many have died and Keith Richard still walks this earth lol

Different drugs. Ecstasy is a horrible substance. It is amazing fun but horrible on mental health. I am so glad I stopped taking it when I realised what it was doing to my head and to the heads of my friends who took it with me.

--------------

Back in the day, Music for the Jilted Generation was the best shit ever. It still is. I still listen to it constantly, over 20 years after its release. He didn't contribute anything to that album but the Prodigy was about more than just their music. Legendary performers.

RIP Keith, sleep tight. You have transcended to outer space.

From personal experience, one of the nicest guys in the world. How a man stayed so grounded and humble when he was one of the biggest and most recognisable stars in the country is a testament to him.

When I started getting into music I used to go down the local market and pick up shitty bootleg cassettes by guys like The Ratpack, that stuff led me on to the likes of Charly & Out Of Space. I soon went down the Britpop route and didn’t ever get into the rave scene, but what The Prodigy did was to turn the successful but shocking dance music in the charts into something far more. They redirected the path of dance music from a joke, into a genre, and revitalised that kind of music from near death much like The Strokes did with guitar music a decade later.

And, needless to say, they were a different ball game live. The energy in one of their shows is arguably the most intense atmospheres a band has ever created, and this was due to Keith. 

RIP mate, a sad day, and a hell of a legacy 

Dreville79 - 

From personal experience, one of the nicest guys in the world. How a man stayed so grounded and humble when he was one of the biggest and most recognisable stars in the country is a testament to him.

When I started getting into music I used to go down the local market and pick up shitty bootleg cassettes by guys like The Ratpack, that stuff led me on to the likes of Charly & Out Of Space. I soon went down the Britpop route and didn’t ever get into the rave scene, but what The Prodigy did was to turn the successful but shocking dance music in the charts into something far more. They redirected the path of dance music from a joke, into a genre, and revitalised that kind of music from near death much like The Strokes did with guitar music a decade later.

And, needless to say, they were a different ball game live. The energy in one of their shows is arguably the most intense atmospheres a band has ever created, and this was due to Keith. 

You don't happen to have one of the original pressings of What Evil Lurks, do you? :o)

Jored1990 -

He'd been tee total a while I believe. Sad news all round. Gutted I never got to see them live.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/04/fire-goes-out/

damn. very sad. i loved their early stuff.  RIP

purist -
Jored1990 -

He'd been tee total a while I believe. Sad news all round. Gutted I never got to see them live.

Maybe he relapsed. He was younger than I would have guessed, I saw them in 2010 and I thought they were all late 40s then 

RIP homie 

U4EA -
Dreville79 - 

You don't happen to have one of the original pressings of What Evil Lurks, do you? :o)

I only have Out Of Space & Charly in my own collection. Nothing in stock by them at the moment, always sells really quick, I probably sell more Prodigy & Run DMC 45s to DJs than any other bands.

A friend of mine has a ton of Prodigy setlists from their tours signed by Keith & Liam, it’s always sad to me when days like this make people richer. The amount of Talk Talk records I’ve sold the past week is crazy, I can never bring myself to raise prices of records when an artist dies