prolo help

does it work on knees?? I may try it..

howardo

unbiased studys may be a contradiction.

we'll have to agree to disagree.

ras whats wrong with your knees?

Good luck, have to go; I have read a lot, and my medical research experience is extensive, involved in dozens of studies and undersand the issue. LOL at accupuncture again, mind over matter.

'LOL at accupuncture again, mind over matter.'

any studys to back that up. lol

With the above stupidity I rest my case

og

did you go to the housser(sp) clinic?

he seems to be one the biggest and has a good site and recieve his newsletter by email.

jrs huh, i'll do that, and thanks for the info.

'With the above stupidity I rest my case'

ok

TheOG, thanks for the info.. I may look into it.toelocku, I had a torn acl and mcl tear on the other leg..dam heel hooks...scuse me reverse heel hooks..Pretty much why I dont train as much any more...Im 30 not 25, where i could take 6 months off and come back full of piss and vinager, get hurt, take 3 months and come back...Its just not worth it Im gonna need these limbs when Im old...Hopefully by then I can order a new set of knees...

Is this pro permenant? Do you have to do follow ups?

howardo...Many American Doctors are more concerned about making money than really helping their patients.

And if this treatment works, there is obviously a lot of money in it. Why is it not done more often? Show one shread of evidence that is grows collagen that stabilizes ligaments. Words are easy to say, proof is harder. A lot of money is wasted on therapies that are ineffective. Of course doctors want to make money, but most care about their patients, you can accomplish both at the same time and sleep better at nite

gary

prolo has been around since the 50's and is endorsed by many docs including c evert coop.

so for howardo to call it quackery is not imformed.

i believe most docs want to help there patients.

that being said they also want to make money.

a lot dumb Americans think they can take a pill and it will all be better.

i wish it were that simple. once i have the money i think i'll try it.

dont have anything to lose other than money.

'And if this treatment works, there is obviously a lot of money in it.'

they could bleed me dry if i could find something that works!

'Show one shread of evidence that is grows collagen that stabilizes ligaments'

this is what inflammation does everday to people with injurys.

so your stimulating your body own healing process only without the injury.

so in theory it makes sence and i'm not saying it works for everyone but its worth a look.

I am not informed? On what basis do you say this? What is your profession? Have you researched this subject on objective sites? Have you read the dblinded controlled studies on prolotherapy? I have. Pills work for certain conditions, not for others. Why does medicaire not cover it but covers other treatments?

howardo

i'm a nurse and have read studys on prolo myself and many objective testimonals.

which in some ways in my opinion is better than biased studies.

double blind studies also told us that many drugs including vioxx and others were safe.

'Why does medicaire not cover it but covers other treatments?'

$$$$$ thats the answer.

drug companys who OWN Washington would get to sell killer drugs like vioxx to seniors if there condition was healed by dextrose injections.

many have told me including joe rogan i believe it has helped them so i'm willing to at least be open minded enough to try it.

Inflammation causes collagen growth? I guess Rheumatoid arthriris patients should have really strong joints, since they are chronically inflamed. By the way, the vioxx danger was evident 4 years ago, the etiology was in question. Hey, how could you argue with Joe Rogan on a medical opinion? How does he feel about politics, is that valid too. What study shows that it grows collagen? I would love to know (honestly) Thanks

'guess Rheumatoid arthriris patients should have really strong joints, since they are chronically inflamed'

this an autoimmune disease which is chronic. and degenerates the joint over time.

acute inflammation is the way the body heals you dont dispute that do you? prolotherapy is short acting so comparing the two is apples and oranges.

'the vioxx danger was evident 4 years ago,'

yet still when to the market and sold to million of people including myself. great!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i only said joe's name because he was another testimonal who sings prolo praise.

'What study shows that it grows collagen? I would love to know'

i'm to lazy to look up the studys but go to prolonews.com and you'll find some there.

but think about it, inflammation=fibroblasts=formation of new tissue=stronger ligaments.

i'm not trying to prove anything to you i'm not even sure myself but its logical and i'm open minded to the unconventional.

I saw your threads, I just hadn't had time to respond yet.
Anyway, as Howardo states there is not yet a lot of research/evidence to back up the claims about the treatment. However, myself and scores of others have had tremendous success with this form of treatment. I've had treatments in LOTS of different areas of my body and probably 95% of the time the prolotherapy treatments have made noticeable differences.

I too have had spinal disc problems at two different lumbar levels. I've had surgery once, X-ray guided epidural injections into the disc (not prolotherapy) and lots of physical therapy (I work as a physical therapy assistant in a physical therapy clinic). On several occasions I have also had prolotherapy into various ligaments in the lumbar and sacral region. My experiences have been VERY positive. While it is not a "cure all" it has made significant differences for me.

I think your thread said that your physician was charging $500.00 per treatment. In my experience this is above the average amount charged for treatment. Some physicians charge a one time fee and follow up visits/injections are included. Others charge a set fee per treatment session. Most often it will take between 2-4 sessions to attain maximum results. But I've had some areas treated more and others less.

Check out a thread in the Strength and Conditioning forum titled, "What causes shin splints." There is a small bit of information on there regarding prolotherapy as well.

Let me know if you have other specific questions.

Best in Health and Training, J. R.