Proof the earth is round for flat-earthers..

Isaiah 40:22 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Boom

Waits for atheists mocking/fairytale jokes...

Circles are 2D and flat.

Round earthers thinking they all smart again.

Did I misunderstand the thread title? Do you mean this is their proof that the flat earth is circular as opposed to rectangular?

The earth is definitely flat. If it weren't for all those giant sea monsters swallowing ships you'd see tons of pictures of the world's edge!

ksacs revenge - Circles are 2D and flat.
That was quick.

Robert Thomas -
That was quick.
Not that ksacs revenge thinks the earth is flat, but your thoughts were the same as mine. Most flat earthers believe its a flat circle.

True. But context. How did the ancient writer of that ancient text know Earth was circular, flat or otherwise? 

If it's the book of Isaiah, probably written at the time of the babylonians. Therefore, it's talking about flat earth.

AVClub -

True. But context. How did the ancient writer of that ancient text know Earth was circular, flat or otherwise? 

Thank you. Dumb people can't seem to think about context, both atheists and fundamentalists. It's obviously a cool prediction. 1,500 years before Columbus too. For some reason, many atheists that I have encountered have had a strange need to mock Christians. I think it's most likely due to insecurity from their beliefs.

Reads like a reference to the firmament or dome that encapsulates us supposedly

AVClub - 

The Sons of Dawn post cataclysm around 11000bc

Flat Earth is a circle, fuckface.

Spitz - I have read that the word for circle and sphere are the same in Ancient Hebrew. Can anyone here verify if this is true?

Yes. Many Hebrew words have multiple literal meanings. Some scholars suggest this passage means sphere while others say there was a better word for sphere available and this passage means circle.

'For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.'

You're wasting your breath, OP.

Just for the sake of argument (but not for defending flat earth nonsense) and in keeping with a rational, fact-based argument:  The King James version of the bible was written between the years 1604 - 1611 c.e. (A.D.).  It is not an 'ancient book'. 

It was translated from the Greek, Hebrew, and the previous English (the first English) transcripts.  The Greek and Hebrew transcipts were copies, of copies, of copies etc. which contained thousands of variations (omissions and additions) in the text, and were also subject to interpretation, both grammatical and contextual. 

The King James version is considered the most poetic and colorful of all English translations and therefore is subject to poetic license on the part of the authors. 

These factors make the King James version (if not all other versions) invalid as proof that the earth is a globe and, - Even if all versions from the original on down to today mentioned the earth as a sphere, it would be faith based reality not scientific proof.

^LOL.. This just needs that magician music.... DA DA DADA DA DA DA DADA..

I'm really not sure what's more absurd. Using a book of make-believe about a magic man in the sky to prove an easily verifiable fact, or that people feel the need to try to belabor a point with a vocal minority of mouth-breathing cretins something oft-proven and accepted for centuries as reality because one of their minoins read a revelation on facebook and now it's gospel. 

The mind reels.