Props to Nate for not following up.

I saw the event live, and was most excited to see Damien Maia fight.

I was bummed that Maia got knocked out but I think Nate was super cool in showing discipline not to follow up when he clearly had already won.

Other fighters take note. Nate has got my respect for this one.

Completely agree. You always hear go until the ref pulls you off, but Nate did an awesome job recognizing that Maia was out and holding off. Much respect to Nate the Great.

I agree,

Luv2H8 - Completely agree. You always hear go until the ref pulls you off, but Nate did an awesome job recognizing that Maia was out and holding off. Much respect to Nate the Great.

+1

Not a champion mentality if you ask me. You fight until you are told to stop. He screwed me out of 4 seconds of vicious head blows to a one trick pony.

I agree (with the thread starter, not with the hot dog catcher who just posted)

i respect what he did, but i also understand when guys follw up

Agreed. Not cool to pound on an opponant that is obviously out cold. Nate truly was great last night as a fighter and an honorable martial artist.

+1..Nate's pure class

hendo could learn a thing or 2 from him lol

I thought he stopped cause he didn't want to pound the back of Maia's head, then realized the ref was coming over.

whatever the reason, it looked good for MMA...

props indeed

he didn't have much of an angle on that shot. woulda been back of the head anyway.

DJStudd - man , what was Maia thinking ?
Uh... liver kick? He was working hard on his striking for this fight and he looked pretty good in training. Nothing wrong with throwing a kick to the liver. He probably just should've set it up with something first.

That was classy of Nate. Regardless I am still glad that Hendo landed that second blow to Bitchping after he was out.

My gosh that was a nice shot by Nate

Is that Wandy in the background slamming his hand on the octagon after he realized Maia was out??

HighBastard - hendo could learn a thing or 2 from him lol

what a load of BS. If Nate & Maia had the bad blood that Hendo & Bitchbing did then I gurantee you Nate keeps punching til the ref stops it. Don't forget he tried to pile drive Thales Leites. He ain't no saint or "honorable martial artist" whatever that means.

There was respect between the 2 so no reason to top it off.