Pro's Picks - Belfort vs Franklin

People have cast a lot of light on Vitor's heart/will in this fight. I realize he has a past of once his gameplan is defeated he deflates and his will go's out the window.

That being said, Why does everyone think that Rich's will is soo strong? I mean for heaven's sake the first time he fought Anderson you can literally pick out the moment in the fight in which he gave up. Granted he was hurt (from punishment) but you could look at his face and tell that he had given up. Not exactly the heart/will of a champion if you ask me.While I wont say vitor is the overall striker Anderson is i do believe his pure boxing is as good if not better than anderson's.

I think vitor takes it by more precise striking and speed. Franklin is gonna take a nap.

TTT for sticky FOR THE PEOPLE!!

I'm sure people are down to read a good analysis of JDS vs CC as well.

i think Franklin wins a decision

Im picking Vitor

TTT for my dose of Sticky Thread!

Thanks again Elvis!!

Okkun - Franklin winning?

Fitty disagrees!
LMAO

TTT til it sticks...

In all honesty it depends on what Vitor shows up that night.

I can't see Franklyn KO'ing vitor at all, so if it ended in franklyn favor it'd be some bull shit ref stoppage. I think Vitor will drop him and hurt him, and finish him with a barrage of punches. Thing is when vitor goes for the kill he blows his wad, so if he doesn't finish him the tides can definately turn and most likely would turn.

Vitor fan since 98 baby

i hope he smooshes franklins nose completely off so he will just retire already

its scary how fast rich can pick someones timing up though.... not to mention how he can throw yours off by altering and switching his up so much.

tough guy to spar and move with

Vitor will take him out, imo.

Needc0ck you're right. Vitor does have very good takedowns. Sometimes they can be overlooked. I was probably being more superficial in glazing over that point. Vitor will go for them if doesn't feel he is winning on the feet. But from what I have seen lately he has shown that he wants to trade standing more and hasn't been going to the GnP strategy for a while. Though it is always an option.

I also agree that he has been hitting angles more and improving on his footwork lately. Just hard to tell how good he really has gotten with it. This fight will give us a better idea as Rich uses his footwork well with angles. So how Vitor deals with it will tell us some of how he has improved. It will also be a good test for Rich as well as Vitor is an improving striker. It will show how he has improved since his loss to Anderson (who is also a Southpaw).

I guess anything is possible though I can see Anderson balking at the idea especially since Vitor hadn't fought at 185 in the UFC. Not sure Rich would get the push against Lyoto yet but anything is possible.

Vitor has his hands full, no doubt. But he has rebounded mentally and physically. His camp is loaded with world class talent and he's back into the mold of the Vitor of old. As long as he pushes the pace and remains aggressive throughout the fight, without burning out, I believe he will win.

I love the idea of a pro's picks forum, Elvis.

This is a tough one to pick. A good case can be made for either one. That said, I'm going to go w/ Vitor. His superior handspeed, flurries, and power will give Franklin a lot of trouble.

Have any of you noticed that Franklin doesn't always really throw a jab? It's a kind of hybrid jab/hook. Whatever you want to call it, it's often not straight. In exchanges, he tend to loop his punches, and Vitor tends to trhow his straighter.

inf0 - 
Elvis - 

It is definitely an interesting match up. This will definitely tell us where Vitor is in the Middleweight division. It will also let us know how Rich has improved and handles an aggressive technical striker.

"Neither guy gains anything from this match."

I should have been more specific. Of course they receive recognition, acclaim and monetary reward. I meant neither gains anything in progressing their position in their desired weight class and moving them forward towards a title shot.

Elvis

I disagree completely, just because it doesn't happen at 185lbs, doesn't mean it would propel both of these guys forward in their respective weightclasses.

I bet you if Vitor wins this fight, he won't have long to wait at all to face Anderson.

Also, Rich has said he isnt' fighitng for titles any more... so I don't think he's concerned at all with where this fight will take him.

I totally agree. I think that the winner of this match will gain a great deal. If Vitor wins, I believe he'll be on a fast track to Anderson. If Rich wins (by something other than a gift), I believe that it'll be a big enough win to move him in whatever direction he decides to go much faster (similar to what I believe his win over Wanderlei will eventually do for him).

Rich wins a UD here in a great fight.  Should be a lot of back and forth but Rich is the smarter fighter and will end with him getting the decision win.

ttt

ttt