Pros Reactions To Jones VS Gustafsson

Never mind the pros, I'm waiting for Hitler's reaction...

PMcG - After that performance I think it's safe to say Jones should probably forget about going to heavyweight for a while. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 

I fucking hate this kind of shit..

.In close rnds, u have to assume rnds will go to champ.

Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt

The winner of the round should win the round, period.

I agree.

In boxing giving a 10-10 round is frowned upon, so the thought is in a close fight you give it the champ. Bullshit! If the round is 10-10, score the motherfucker 10-10! Score the round even. Don't do the champ any favors.

DC is the only fighter who scored the fight correctly. Gus was on his way to winning the 4th until Jones cracked and cut him, he was nearly finished and was saved by the bell. The momentum completely shifted from that elbow on. Had Jones been winning the 4th before the elbow, we would be discussing if that was a 10-8. Phone Post 3.0

I like Bisping, he's so polite. Phone Post

AlchemyIronworks - 
Brabatross -
BuddyRevell -

Luke Rockhold- Nail bitter, I got Gusta by split"

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

I have it exactly like Cormier did.

What are you talking about? He's saying that he thought Gus was going to win a split decision... Phone Post 3.0
"Gusta by split" means he thinks the fight was a split decision, which is impossible. It's a logical fallacy, if you understand the scoring system predicting a win by split decision is to say that you're predicting that one judge will score it wrong and 2 will score it right. I immediately saw that and it raised my eyebrow too that rock hold doesn't understand the scoring system, but a lot of fans don't either. Tons of times you'll hear "oh man he at least deserved a split decision" it's impossible to deserve a split decision, one fighter always wins, no matter by how tiny of a margin. Phone Post 3.0

I'm having Sherdog flashbacks...make it stop...

PMcG - After that performance I think it's safe to say Jones should probably forget about going to heavyweight for a while. Phone Post 3.0
Holy shit- yes. He'll get killed. Phone Post 3.0

DatSpider - Junior Dos Santos- Guys just remembering that in a close decision the champion keeps the belt because the challenger must have a clear victory to win the fight

Michael bisping- I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

Sarah Kaufman- Omg crazy fight!! I have jones for sure taking rds 4/5 but the first 3 are a toss up. I have jones eking out rd 2/3 so 49-46 but idk #ufc165

Carlos Condit- Wow... I smell a rematch

Gray Maynard- I thought @AlexTheMauler won that one

Tito Ortiz Hats off to @AlexTheMauler great fight I had u winning. Wow great show.

Ed Soares -I thought it was very close but I thought Gus did a little more but congrats to both guys that was an incredible fight.

Daniel Cormier- 3-2 Jones, very close fight. 2,4,5. Gus had 4 until he got hurt with elbow to end the round.

I agree word for word with Cormier. It's 4:30 morning here and I just watched the PPV after getting off work. INCREDIBLE. HO-LY SHIT.

Pikes - 
AlchemyIronworks -
Brabatross -
BuddyRevell -

Gusta by split? Apparently, Luke doesn't understand scoring. Split decision doesn't mean a fighter won 3 rounds and lost 2. It means the judges disagreed on who they scored to be the winner of the fight.

What are you talking about? He's saying that he thought Gus was going to win a split decision... Phone Post 3.0
"Gusta by split" means he thinks the fight was a split decision, which is impossible. It's a logical fallacy, if you understand the scoring system predicting a win by split decision is to say that you're predicting that one judge will score it wrong and 2 will score it right. I immediately saw that and it raised my eyebrow too that rock hold doesn't understand the scoring system, but a lot of fans don't either. Tons of times you'll hear "oh man he at least deserved a split decision" it's impossible to deserve a split decision, one fighter always wins, no matter by how tiny of a margin. Phone Post 3.0
No, it means his prediction is that not all three judges will give it to Gus, but that two out of three will

It's a prediction, not him scoring the fight himself. Phone Post 3.0

No, it IS him scoring the fight himself. Luke tweeted "I got Gus by split" then "Unanimous idk close one" because he thinks split decision means Gus split some of the rounds with Bones.

DanTheWolfman - DC is the fucking man in all regards as usual, bias asside calls it the way the judges and stats did

Yeah, Cormier was dead on.

Thanks for the thread OP... very interesting.

I can't find the link right now, but last night someone posted the scorecards of all the media sites that were doing live play-by-play. The vast majority saw it the way the two judges did - 48-47 Jones.

That's also how I had it, giving Jones 2, 4, 5.

BuddyRevell -
Pikes - 
AlchemyIronworks -
Brabatross -
BuddyRevell -

No, it means his prediction is that not all three judges will give it to Gus, but that two out of three will

It's a prediction, not him scoring the fight himself. Phone Post 3.0

No, it IS him scoring the fight himself. Luke tweeted "I got Gus by split" then "Unanimous idk close one" because he thinks split decision means Gus split some of the rounds with Bones.

"I got Gus by split" indicates to me that he thinks Gus won but anticipates one of the judges giving it to Jones. I understand your argument but that's what it boils down to. Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -

This. If close rounds are supposed to go to the champion BJ Penn would have beat edgar. Phone Post

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
12SixElbow -

This. If close rounds are supposed to go to the champion BJ Penn would have beat edgar. Phone Post

What do you know. Speaking of Penn Edgar 1....Doug Crosby was one of the judges in the Jones/Gus fight. Phone Post

steverowbotham - 

I felr the same as Cormier. Great fight. Pumped for a rematcg Phone Post

Yep.

Gray Maynard disagreeing with a judges decision? That's NEVER happened before.....

VERY CLOSE fight, Gus I think squeaked out a win.

REMATCH.

scarfacedave - 
12SixElbow - 

I agree.

In boxing giving a 10-10 round is frowned upon, so the thought is in a close fight you give it the champ. Bullshit! If the round is 10-10, score the motherfucker 10-10! Score the round even. Don't do the champ any favors.

I always go back and forth on this opinion. I found it interesting that JDS is all about close fights going to the champion. I wonder if he'll still think this if Cain wins a razor close decision against him in their next fight haha.

Cormier has it exactly right. Phone Post 3.0