Protein Shake (Weight Gain)

No, it doesn't just come down to calories.

You saying I'm not an automatic expert and making unsubstantiated claims of your own won't change this.

Maybe if you actually were concerned about helping other people you wouldn't have such a myopic view of how the body, or for that matter apetite, actually works.

Atkins doesn't work just based on calorie reduction. It works because people feel satiated, because they are getting more of the crap they normally crave - especially in terms of fat.

Look at your paragraph, and its girth, BMA. Whether you are trying to come off as confrontation or not, you're out of control. I think you are posting primarily in order to try and control others, fwiw, whatever your 2 cent denials.

I am only posting because I know what I have discovered will work for others who had the same problem I did.

Basically, the way Joe Riggs got to his size is the same as me. Clean eating, carbs early in the form of fruit instead of late in the form of starches & processed foods, and a reduction in animal proteins will in the long run produce a sustainable diet that people can live with, and train with, without having "relapses" if part of their goal is to lose weight.

Anybody can lose weight, short term. The problem is how to lose it in a way where the diet is sustainable long term, and both feels and is good for the body.

Take my input or leave it, but if you are a dick about it, at least have the guts to do it with a dick's resolve, instead of with ridiculous dickhead run on paragraphs and passive-aggressive denials.

No, you were being enough of a dick all along.

But it helps that you went further down that road, so that everybody can see exactly what you are.

Thanks.

BTW, maybe eat more carbs, less protein, BMA.

It will help with that roid rage of yours, lol.

Fruit carbs. Trust me. It will help.

LOLOL

well this thread went to shit....
I started to get some good info then you guys started on weight loss.
sigh

So, say you want to gain alittle weight;

Is it better to have a greasy egg/bacon breakfast
or
Is it better to have cereal
or
Load yourself up with Fruit

thnx BB.

BMAHCC1 is correct. It all comes down to simple calories in vs. calories out. He is also correct that there is absolutely nothing magical about carbohydrates.

from obiwan:
"Atkins doesn't work just based on calorie reduction. It works because people feel satiated, because they are getting more of the crap they normally crave - especially in terms of fat. "

Uhh, do you like to counter your own text?
What do you think this satiety does? Uhh, it wouldnt make people eat less, now would it? And it's mostly the protein that is the reason for the satiety, not fat.

I'm not sure why'd you recommend a decrease in animal protein... makes zero sense, since the protein is the "secret" to Atkins.

Hey I used to be 6'1 in the 140s range till I was in my early 20s. For naturally skinny people gaining weight is a struggle until you pass 30.

Now I've been working out and taking 2-3 big-assed protein shakes a day. Almost 200 with about 12% body fat. Go Old Man Strength!

Obiwan, I was a fatass before I got into bodybuilding, I was 350 lbs with little muscle 5 years ago, before my accident I got down to 260lbs at 5'10 with under 13% BF with 21" arms. I just gave Bubba the reason why he is gaining weight, he is consumimg more calories than he is burning. Monitoring macro nutrients is important as well, the easy thing to do is eat every 2 -3 hours to keep your metabolism up. In the end it does come down to clean calories in vs calories out.

BTW who said you shouldn't eat carbs? You need carbs for energy, good carbs are not bad for you, nor will they make you fat if you eat them in the right proportions. Carbs are needed to keep your calories where they should be, they are great for bulking to bring up your calorie intake. The only people who do those no carb shit diets are lazy couch potatoes, they will lose weight, but some of it will be muscle...then their metabolism will slow and they will end up balooning right back up, and now because they lost some muscle it will be much harder to get it off again. Every 10 lbs of muscle burns an additional 500 calories per day.

Instead of doing that fad diet shit, why not just start eating clean...

Eggs, Chicken Breasts, lean meats, fish, Steak,peanut butter those are great sources of protein...

BTW red meat has shown to raise testosterone levels, thus a more anabolic muscle building effect...so whay would anyone reduce anaimal protein???

Oats, whole wheat bread(no white bread!), fruits, veggies, are just a few of the good carbs you can eat.

A meal for me would go like this...

8 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
2 servings of oatmeal
1 apple
either milk or water

That comes to about 45-50 grams of protein, 60-70 grams of carbs, and around 700-800 calories. That would be breakfast. The rest of the meals would be lower calorie and spaced out,when bulking I have taken in as much as 5000 calories per day of clean food.

Good diet and weight training will help anyone, I di no cardio when I lost all my weight, just intense weight training. The more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. Cardio is good for burning off that extra bit of calories, but I prefer to just cut back 300-500 calories out of my diet if I need to cut.

BTW, you should eat 5-7 smaller meals per day, that will keep you from splurging. A small meal every two hours is ideal, if you are hungry then eat...just eat clean and in moderation. I do use protein shakes, but only to supplement my diet when I don't have time to sit and eat a meal. Your body will turn to muscle mass for fuel if you starve yourself,and muscle mass is your best friend when it comes to keeping off and burning fat.