PS4 or Xbox One?

I haven't bought a new gaming system since the PS3.

I've always preferred Playstation over Xbox for some reason.

Thinking about picking up a new system.

Which should i go with, which is the better route to take, especially if I mostly intend to play online.

I burned myself out on Call of Duty. May look into getting into new online games, especially the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game when that is released later this year.

Give me the lazy version of why one system is better than the other.

Get your popcorn out for that one guy who comes in and shits all over PS everytime there is a thread.  I don't even think I've seen him post on anything else, this shit is like a batsignal to him. 

My advice would always be to stick with the console any friends use or what youre used to.  I've played both, and both are perfectly good systems, but, I've always had PS and still hate the xbox controller no matter how many people tell me it's better.  Interface on the xbox is more in depth if you want that but again, I found it overly complicated and a pain in the arse at times... I'd also consider any exclusive titles you may be interested in.

In other news, Battlefront 2 would have to be 1 million times better than the shower of shite the first one was before I parted with my money again.

I have both, I like the ps4 better because it's easier to use and navigate

I've always preferred PS to Xbox

Are there any significant differences in exclusive titles?

For me it was always Socom games, but with Zipper and Slant Six both being out of business, there probably won't be any new Socom games in the near future to count on

PS4 bro because fuck Xbox 

Buy whatever your friends are playing. If you dont have friends then look at exclusives and services

I seem to like a lot of PS exclusives so it's an easy decision for me.

Yup. All about what your bros have.

I made the decision based on the controller. I have mates who have both and after trying the Xbox elite controller I knew it was xbox for me.

Ps4 - better exclusives and more powerful

If you've got friends that play video games, I would buy whatever system most of your friends have so you can game online with them.

Personally I'd go with the Xbox One since I'm a married dude with 2 young kids, so our TV is always either on cartoons or Investigation Discovery.  The option to stream Xbox One games to my laptop is a gamechanger.

I have both and like ps4 better as i find its games better and really just need a gaming machine. But xbox does have some things i definately like

Ps4 pros
Uncharted and other ps exclusives
Like controller better
Easy to navigate and can create folders to make easier

Xbox pros
Controller lasts way longer between recharges
Backwards compatability
Plug and play hard drive increase
Better offerings thru games with gold

I prefer Xbox, for the same reason you like PS.. They both look and perform great

Whatever your friends have is the correct answer if your  into multiplayer.

if u got no friends I'd say PS4 cuz better exclusives .   But the Xbox gold has way better free monthly games.

its a toss up imo.  I got Xbox cuz of friends but PS4 is great too much better exclusive games 

mixedmartialfarts - 

If you've got friends that play video games, I would buy whatever system most of your friends have so you can game online with them.

Personally I'd go with the Xbox One since I'm a married dude with 2 young kids, so our TV is always either on cartoons or Investigation Discovery.  The option to stream Xbox One games to my laptop is a gamechanger.

You can stream PS4 games to PC aswell. And you can even stream to your Android phone and play using the DS4 controller

GSPsShadyHandWraps - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

You can stream PS4 games to PC aswell. And you can even stream to your Android phone and play using the DS4 controller

nice!  didn't know about that, very cool

Yeah, leaning PS4 for sure

I have one friend who has an Xbox, the only reason I consider it, but I don't think he really plays online like I do anyway, so it's a moot point I guess

PS4 has the better singleplayer games, TLOU, UC4, God of War, upcoming Spiderman game in addition to the same multiplatform games

But Microsoft is really hitting it out of the park with their services:

backwards compatibility (not all 360 games though)

Gamepass: 100 games you can download for 7 bucks a month

EA Access : 24 dollars per year and you can play most of EAs roster (new games get added like 7-8 months after their release)

Steam like refunds = you can refund any game within 14 days and not more than 2 hours gametime

I would wait for Scorpio though, its a big enough upgrade to be worthwile, even if you dont have a 4K TV, the games will be supersampled at 1080p

Good reasons listed above. I will add that PS4 is selling way better than xbox1 which means in a couple years when the current gen is dwindling down game production, developers will be more inclined to continue making games for the more profitable system with the larger install base.

Backwards compatibility is worthless to me, since I've never owned an Xbox.

Even with systems that i owned that HAD backwards compatibility, i found i never ever went back and played older system's games.