PS5

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rumor-says-sony-huge-surprise-160621284.html

Can someone help a brother out here?

Pro is coming out the same time as the base model for 100-150 more. Still not going to be out for another year. Still costs about 1k to make using current hardware. They're going to have a hard time getting these to 500ish in cost....

DaveFu -

Pro is coming out the same time as the base model for 100-150 more. Still not going to be out for another year. Still costs about 1k to make using current hardware. They're going to have a hard time getting these to 500ish in cost....

Is it worth the extra buck fifty for the pro? What's the benefit? I have 4 PS4 games, don't play often and don't play online if that helps. I plan to play the fuck out of FFVII when it comes out though.

Ive been putting off buying a 4 for so long that I figured I would just wait until the 5 came out.  Hoping for a quality system

2 Likes

It all depends on their exclusives. I won't get one unless I have to.

After two shitty Xbox One consoles, I picked up a PS4 pro. Easily the better console. Besides Gears of War and Halo, Xbox really has no exclusives. The last of us is worth buying a PS4 alone. Not to mention the sequel, FFVII remake in March and several others. 

Stache - It all depends on their exclusives. I won't get one unless I have to.

well for the current gen they had the best lineup and it is not even close. there might be a specific game or two you prefer but the overall PS4 lineup is so good

last of us remastered
god of war
spiderman
bloodbourne
uncharted 4
ratchet and clank
horizon zero dawn

and I am sure I have missed some

ps5 will, at minimum, have a new god of war, last of us 2, spiderman 2

joeywu36 -

Ive been putting off buying a 4 for so long that I figured I would just wait until the 5 came out.  Hoping for a quality system

You've missed out on so much you prob won't even be able to handle a 5, there's levels to this shit 

Fan of Fanboys -

well for the current gen they had the best lineup and it is not even close. there might be a specific game or two you prefer but the overall PS4 lineup is so good

last of us remastered
god of war
spiderman
bloodbourne
uncharted 4
ratchet and clank
horizon zero dawn

Gta6 

joeywu36 - 

I always like to wait until a system is out awhile before buying. better deal on system, more games out, developers making better games

and with one or two exceptions I'll wait until the game is out awhile before buying too. software patches, lower price, sometimes the DLC included

I still have ps3 games I have not played, I have ps4 games I have not played. no need to rush on most of the stuff out

ShoreBreaker - 
joeywu36 -

You've missed out on so much you prob won't even be able to handle a 5, there's levels to this shit 

maybe he has an elevator

ShoreBreaker -
joeywu36 -

Shit!  I never thought of it that way.  My head will literally explode if I go straight into the 5 with out ever playing a 4.  Thanks man, your a life saver

2 Likes
Fan of Fanboys - 
ShoreBreaker - 
joeywu36 -

maybe he has an elevator

lol

You kids need to stop playing video games and go outside!

Fan of Fanboys - 

last of us remastered
god of war
spiderman
bloodbourne
uncharted 4
ratchet and clank
horizon zero dawn

I agree PS4's exclusives are better than Xbone but I'm still kinda disappointed. PS3 had a way bigger library.

Don't get me wrong... I don't regret getting my PS4 but releasing another console already feels like a cash grab.

Stache -
Fan of Fanboys - 

last of us remastered
god of war
spiderman
bloodbourne
uncharted 4
ratchet and clank
horizon zero dawn

I agree PS4's exclusives are better than Xbone but I'm still kinda disappointed. PS3 had a way bigger library.

Don't get me wrong... I don't regret getting my PS4 but releasing another console already feels like a cash grab.

By the time it's out PS4 will have been put 7 years. That's about standard and you probably want to wait a year before hopping into the new console anyway. 

Stache - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

last of us remastered
god of war
spiderman
bloodbourne
uncharted 4
ratchet and clank
horizon zero dawn

2561 day between release of ps3 and ps4

assuming the ps5 comes out Nov 2020 looking at 2557 days

about the same. plus the ps4 will still be sold and supported for who knows how long. ps3 got a few years or so

google tells me there were 186 ps3 exclusives and only 80 ps4 exclusives, so certainly a big difference there

though games take so long to develop, have more DLC, so not sure "value"

not knocking you but none of that matters to me. i can't but play but so many games anyway. 10 games I love are more valuable that 150 and I only care about 5

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - 
Fan of Fanboys - 
ShoreBreaker - 
joeywu36 -

maybe he has an elevator

lol

I'm glad someone appreciated that post

Wow didn't realize it's been 7 years already.

Scrap that criticism then.

I tried the xbox for one generation, total piece of shit that never worked.

MY Ps4 runs like a champ.