Psych drugs dont work?

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/09/19/depression-chemical-imbalance-myth.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1HL&utm_campaign=20190919Z1&et_cid=DM347532&et_rid=711198187

Dont do harmful drugs

STORY AT-A-GLANCE 

An estimated 17.3 million American adults (7.1% of the adult population), experienced at least one major depressive episode in 2017. The highest rates are reported among those aged between 18 and 25

The vast majority are prescribed antidepressant drugs, despite the fact there's virtually no evidence to suggest they provide meaningful help, and plenty of evidence showing the harms are greater than patients are being told

Hundreds of thousands of toddlers are also being medicated with powerful psychiatric drugs, raising serious ethical questions, along with questions about the future mental and physical health of these children

There's no scientific evidence to suggest depression is the result of a chemical imbalance in your brain. A lot of the evidence suggests unhealthy living conditions are at the heart of the problem

Antidepressants are not beneficial in the long term and antipsychotic drugs worsen outcomes over the long term in those diagnosed with psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia

FWIW

Some of you will go ballistic and shoot the messenger. But hopefully its helpful to some.

https://youtu.be/1beMe5Fo7jI

Been on Zoloft for a year and a half and it is working great

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/09/19/common-antidepressant-barely-helps-improve-depression-symptoms/

just saw this.

Yep they dont work.

Most common antidepressant barely helps improve depression symptoms, 'shocking' trial finds

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/09/19/common-antidepressant-barely-helps-improve-depression-symptoms/

Hardest part is coming off 

ride the lightning 

the_shrike - 

Cymbalta helped me immensely a few years back..I went from being a zombie to functioning better than I ever have ..

Ssris never helped me though, just made me lazy and foggy..

I thought this was already common knowledge.

Recognize what is important in life(a lot of people depressed because they don't have what they want but they already have what they need) and get sun light exposure and regularly do squats and you will probably not need any meds.

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow - 

Recognize what is important in life(a lot of people depressed because they don't have what they want but they already have what they need) and get sun light exposure and regularly do squats and you will probably not need any meds.

I do wonder if you took 1000 currently depressed folks and did the following, would they still need Meds?

-eliminate junk food, eat mostly heathy...

-exercise every day..30 minutes, doesn't have to be strenuous but enough to sweat and get heart rate up

-decrease or eliminate drug and alcohol use..

-get better sleep..

the_shrike -

Same.

Saved my life.

ons ear -
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow - 

I do wonder if you took 1000 currently depressed folks and did the following, would they still need Meds?

-eliminate junk food, eat mostly heathy...

-exercise every day..30 minutes, doesn't have to be strenuous but enough to sweat and get heart rate up

-decrease or eliminate drug and alcohol use..

-get better sleep..

I was (and still am) living the way you describe. Came within an inch of killing myself about a year ago.

Got on Zoloft and after about a month a fog had been lifted that was something I had been carrying for my entire life.

I'd be dead for sure if I hadn't got on it. No question about it.

Was on fluoxetine (Prozac) for ten years. Weened myself off over the last six months because I wasn't sure I needed it anymore. Never felt better. Although I had a big job change and am happier due to that, so that might contribute as well. But other than being a little more emotional, no side effects.