Publisher cried they learned about Peterson's book

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1331356492935684099?s=20

Several employees of Penguin Random House Canada cried when they learned that the publishing house would be publishing Jordan Peterson's new book.

several employees cried at the meeting discussing how Peterson's views have negatively impacted their lives. One told me: "He is an icon of hate speech and transphobia and the fact that he’s an icon of white supremacy... I’m not proud to work for a company that publishes him."

5 Likes

The publishing industry is extremely leftwing for the most part.  I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing the major publishing houses increasingly unwilling to publish anything that challenges leftwing dogma

12 Likes

they should start book burning

7 Likes

I really dont get this one. That dude is so mild. 

3 Likes
ShanTheMan -

Yeah neither do I man and I'm not a massive fan just watch the odd video on him that I find on this site. The whole white supremacy thing is so pathetic if you disagree with someone call them a white supremacist 

3 Likes
stookartz -
ShanTheMan -

Yeah neither do I man and I'm not a massive fan just watch the odd video on him that I find on this site. The whole white supremacy thing is so pathetic if you disagree with someone call them a white supremacist 

thas the most common and widespread racial slur

racist and white supremacist directed at white men. its used so often especially by democrats

3 Likes

Well I hope they get REALLY depressed about it.   really really really depressed if  you know what i mean.

7 Likes

He sounds like Kermit the frog. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4zMWDk8Tk

2 Likes

Now I understand that saying that some parents say to their kids: "I'll give you something to cry about!" 

A bunch of dorks who failed gym crying about a book? Ok. Take a Midol, drink a glass of water and go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day. 

9 Likes

whatever

Feminists, gays, and transexuals being overly emotional, who would have thought?

11 Likes
ShanTheMan - 

Brainwashing and mental illness is a factor.

2 Likes

The difference from more sane times back maybe 20-30 years ago, these same people bitched back then. We just never paid them no mind or told them to stfu. Now we have given these kooks an audience.  The issue is society as whole for even entertaining these leftist idiots.

2 Likes

Why should any of us, especially me, accept someone that can’t even accept themselves????????? Take that bull shot any where but my ay idiots.1

2 Likes

Authors like him are necessary for publishing houses exist.

The publisher absolutely turned a handsome profit with 12 Rules for Life, as the book has sold millions of copies and was a Canadian best-seller.

And keep in mind he signed his book deal back in 2017 when he was barely known, so it isn't like he got a massive advance.

But going back to business, books like his provide enough of a financial cushion where the publisher can now sign a bunch of woke bullshit that they will never make money off of. Every one Jordan Peterson book allows several dozen "pronouns in the profile" writers to get book deals.

Same thing happens with Simon & Schuster. They have a specific conservative imprint which they don't promote at all outside of right-wing media, but they publish the biggest conservative writers in America and they make a ton of money.

A single Glenn Beck or Ben Shaprio book makes enough money for S&S where they can sign 50 gender-queer writers to book deals.

These idiots complaining don't realize how much their business relies on these big-time authors to subsidize all the woke bullshit nobody reads.

Reminds me of when editors tried to get their publisher to boycott J.K. ROWLING because she said men aren't women. A single Rowling book keeps the entire company afloat FFS.

2 Likes

Is there anything the left won't cry about at this point?  Holy shit.  What a bunch of limp wristed pussies.   

2 Likes

No crying at work.

That used to be understood.

2 Likes

Smh.

I can understand why there is a shortage of psychiatrists due to Covid lockdowns and the current political climate but, this nonsense must have overwhelmed our mental health resources long ago. These people obviously never got the help they dearly needed.

These people are just the worst.

The absolute worst.

1 Like