Publix has the best tendies

It’s probably one of the most tender pieces, just small. We use them for chicken fingers, fajitas, stir frys, etc. Like @NiteProwleR said they used to be dirt cheap, currently paying almost 120 dollars for a 40 pound case. The supply chain is fucked. Don’t even get me going on teres major, paid just over 4 a pound pre covid, now just under 9

1 Like

Stirfry sounds real good, gonna grab some up see what the price is here.

I have a pack in the fridge of raw ones. Going to marinate on jerk seasoning and grill for dinner tomorrow.

2 Likes

Mix up some Kikkoman, honey and chipotle for a sauce, we use Tabasco chipotle just because we use it in a ton of recipes. Gives some heat, sweet and the teriyaki for the stir fry flavor.

1 Like

I thought i did too. i have met my match, and concede to your superior meat knowledge.

1 Like

Outstanding, campeon. Thanks!

1 Like

hey @Zned , just realized yesterday was national hot dog day. we missed it! did you enjoy a hot dog sandwich yesterday?

1 Like

I did have a hot dog sandwich!

Two actually.

I steamed them and had them on a steamed potato bun with yellow mustard and dill relish.

I didn’t find out until too late or I would have ordered the Chicago kit from Vienna Beef.

1 Like

well, the rest of the OG missed it. you should have made a thread. that sounds glorious though.

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was hot dog day. Work was busy and we stopped at the grocery store on the way home from yoga and MRs Ned pointed out it was hot dog day, so that was what we had!

1 Like

The secret is out on TM .I used to run seared TM af a couple places I worked .nobody really new about it at the time . the new found popularity combined with the inflation and supply chain issues ruined my food cost hack

1 Like

If you lived in my neighborhood you’d know

1 Like

I made my hotdogs one day earlier, boys.

2 Likes

one of my favorite restaurants in denver serves TM as a ‘kid’s filet’ with mashed potatoes and an ice cream sundae for $8. i love that place. they also have a $40 mark up cap on all of their wines. they sell burgundies for prices i can’t find online after shipping. if you’re ever in denver, st. louis or KC: https://www.yayasdenver.com/

1 Like

Yeah, we use it for our fajitas, steak tips and a few other menu items. It’s a good piece that fits many uses. Better than Flank or other cuts for the price. We are looking at a full chuck roll that we can smoke, use for all our menu items. Still experimenting with it.

No doubt you do…

BEEP!

Mrs Ned is picking me up a tendies sub! White hero bread with pickles and mayo.

Pics to come! (sub not Mrs Ned)

Have her pick up some chippies for you as well, salt and vinegar preferably but bbq will do

1 Like

I got these for my niece who lives in LA now. She was ecstatic.

This.

Or called scrambled eggs “scrambies” or breakfast “breky”

1 Like