Pulver can cap off amazing year

Jens was one of the coolest fighters I've met in person. A great guy. I hope he does well against Gomi. That's a tough fight.

canb't wait for this

TBidness

Whether Jens boxes in 2005 is up to his Pride schedule (3 more fights in 2005) and Shooto (he still has one fight left there and could do more).

FYI: Jeremy Horn will be cornering Jens in Pride.

nathan@aristeia

GIVE ME A BREAK........PEQUENO IS THE BEST EVER UNDER 145LBS......HE KEEP HIS BELT 5 YEARS IN SHOOTO UNDER 145LBS.....NOBODY CAN DO THAT BEFORE IN WHOLE HISTORY OF MMA....NOBODY CAN SURVIVE TO HIS GUILLOTINE.....IF PULVER NOT LOST TO GOMI....PEQUENO WILL PULL HIS HEAD OFF IN PRIDE OR ANOTHER ASSOCIATION.....

"NO WAY TO GET OUT....WHEN GUILLOTINE-MAN FIGHT.....ALL LW FIGHTERS NEED CARE WITH THEIR NECKS......PEQUENO INNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA HOUUUUUSEEEEE"

OSU.....

Jens Pulver is awesome

I hope Jens beats Gomi because he really deserves it. I like Gomi but I beleive if he loses PRIDE or another major Japanese event will always give him another shot with a great pay but Jens will not and he deserves to be paid like the great athlete that he is.

With that said, Gomi is a very hard fight for Jens and I hope he is ready for him because Gomi is no pushover. Im rooting for Jens by knockout.

Jens' deal with Pride is 4 fights... all guaranteed.

We tried hard to have Shooto let Jens fight Pequeno, but they would not set it up. Jens KO'd Palling, who just had a draw with Pequeno a year or so ago.

I don't know about Pequeno's 5 years as champion... he lost twice in Shooto during that time... but didn't have the title on the line, I guess. Kinda weird.

His last defense was against an 8-5-1 guy who had just been beat by Uematsu, who Jens just KO'd. Before that, it was Sato, who was 4-4-1 in his last 9 fights. Jens was ready, waiting and asking for the fight.

I don't know who is protecting who, but somebody would not let the fight happen.

Either way, Jens is in the big show... and when we asked for Gomi, he was all for it.

I agree...Pulver is a stud.

Good job Jens just 1 moreKO to end and start the year off right!!!!

His last defense was against an 8-5-1 guy who had just been beat by Uematsu, who Jens just KO'd. Before that, it was Sato, who was 4-4-1 in his last 9 fights.

Neither of those were title defenses.

Pulver is going to show Gomi where he comes from...

TBidness

I've got a hell of a lot of time for Jens.

Glad to see him back in the limelight where he deserves.

Regards and complete respect. Good luck Jens!

"FYI: Jeremy Horn will be cornering Jens in Pride."

You mean 'F JHR's I:"

;)

beating Dai Jyouan of China, who was that country's champion...

As much As I like Jens!, the san da guy he fought was not only not "the san da champ" but I'd never heard of him before Jens laid him out.He was an unknown.

But that doesn't stop me from being a Jens Pulver fan!

jens rocks!

can'twait to see Jens fight again. good luck.

Ryan G: That makes it even worse! So, Pequeno did not defend his title in 2004, and has only defended it once (a draw with Palling) since the start of 2003.

One defense in 2 years... now, that's how you hold a title for a long time.

good luck to jens

told myself i wouldn't come on here until fight was over, but just wanted to say hello and thank you all for the support you have given to me throughout my fighting. I hope that my fight in pride will be one for the fans.