Pulver to 145 WEC division

I've long said that Jens is best suited for the featherweight division. It was tough for him to make weight in SHOOTO at 143, but this is 145 (with a one-pound allowance in non-title fights), so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Jens had some of the best fights of his career at featherweight. I couldn't be more excited with this news.

Also, this sets up the possibility for my all-time dream fight in MMA: Jens vs Kid.

Dana has gone on the record saying he wants to sign Kid, so this fight can happen. I'm psyched.

They are trying to market the WEC as comparable to the UFC, not a step down. They just signed Paulo Filho to WEC, and many more fighters are on the way.

It looks like Pride may disappear completely and the WEC will be what the UFC was planning on doing with Pride.

pulver should be at 145, hopefully they'll start pushing that division more in the USA. dana's smart and knows how awesome it is.

"
Pulver would be a good match up for Hominick. Mark embarases him."

lol

"Why doesn't the UFC just create a 145 division and bring Faber up?"

UFC's lightweight div goes from 140-155 lbs, if I'm not mistaken.

lol all you want but Mark's striking is another 5-10 levels above Pulvers and that fight stays on the feet. Also has minimal threat on the ground, so Mark would not hold back as much as he did against Gurgel a BJJ blackbelt. Pulver would see everything in Hominick arsenal. Hominick has better muay thai and better boxing, better footwork, better angles, faster, hits harder. Thats a perfect fight for Hominick.

What weight did Pulver and Penn agree to weigh in at?

Pulver will be giving up a lot of weight to Penn no matter what they agreed on, but I would hope Penn has to atleast cut a bit for the weigh in to take away some of the advantage.

UFC's lightweight div goes from 140-155 lbs, if I'm not mistaken.

IIRC, it's 146-155.

I think the NJSAC might have established the divisions, not the UFC.

Anybody know what weight Pulver vs. Penn is at?

"Anybody know what weight Pulver vs. Penn is at? "