Punching Power

Serious question, Who's got greater punching power Jonny Hendricks or Cain Velasquez?

Hendricks can put the lights out with one shot, cain is more of a volume puncher, in saying that he KOd big nog with one shot, he's not known as a knock out artist though. Phone Post

Cain

Johny P4P Phone Post

chadp - 

Cain

Johny P4P Phone Post

This

Johnny hit harder than mitrione on the lil machine. So I think he can hit harder but cain hits hard easier? Phone Post

Swayze Express - Serious question, Who's got greater punching power Jonny Hendricks or Cain Velasquez?

Hendricks easily.

Cain probably has a harder jab but full force I think johnny packs more power

Ps
I really just wanted to post cuz of your trailer park name Phone Post

Hendricks. Smaller and stockier, his frame allows for more power to generate through his punches. Phone Post

Chris Angel

Cain hits pretty light for a HW and Johny hits huge for a WW. I honestly wouldn't be surprised of johny hits harder. Two different styles of throwing fists IMO Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - I think Hendrix does, but didn't chains punching power get tested on sports science? Phone Post 3.0
Yeah. It came up as the hardest strike ever recorded on the show or something? It was a left hook to the body if I remember rightly Phone Post 3.0

Cain hits hard, I think he picks those big punches carefully in order to maintain his cardio though. JDS has fought plenty of big power punchers and Cain is still the only guy to drop JDS.

Hendricks throws big power with a lot of his punches, it's a different striking style and makes it hard to compare the two fighters. Phone Post

Didn't Cain set a record on those punching power machines? Phone Post

Cains bigger and I'm sure he hits harder.

Sure Cain and Hendricks have different fighting styles and in a fight Hendricks is more likely to KTFO you with one punch.

But Cain doesn't throw 100% with every punch like Hendricks does.

But I bet when Cain does throw 100% it's more powerful than Hendricks.

It's like comparing the strength of a chimpanzee to a gorilla IMO Phone Post

PatrickVilone - 

Cains bigger and I'm sure he hits harder.

Sure Cain and Hendricks have different fighting styles and in a fight Hendricks is more likely to KTFO you with one punch.

Although Cain is the bigger man, Jonny is much more stocky and compact as stated above. Hendricks is not a small WW as he said himself he walks around at 220. Just to compare Prime Mike Tyson fought at 225.

When I used to spar Hendricks I think he wore 18 or 20 ounce gloves they were pretty dam big. Got my bell rung once. Phone Post 3.0

In a pure striking fight I wouldn't be surprised if johnny koed him. Wrestling wise I'd have to think Cain gets him down but if johny wasn't citing weight and in shape maybe he could compete... Probably a long shot. Johnny is definitely a better pure athlete and his harder Phone Post

PatrickVilone - Cains bigger and I'm sure he hits harder.

They aren't nearly that different in size. Phone Post

Johnny punches from the legs though that's where power comes from. Cain on the other hand doesn't seem to so much. I've been told I have heavy hands because I punch from the legs also and have a heavy base. It's been scientifically proven the extreme punch power is generated from the legs not so much the upper body. Look and Brock for example he punched powerful enough to push or more so knock someone down but not so much to KO people. Also 170 and up seems to the the common weight class where if you can KO people consistently at 170 you could do it to any weight class. Meaning someone like Hendricks can KO any heavyweight that can be KOed fighting. Guys with granite jaws being the exception Phone Post 3.0

deadlysyn - Johnny punches from the legs though that's where power comes from. Cain on the other hand doesn't seem to so much. I've been told I have heavy hands because I punch from the legs also and have a heavy base. It's been scientifically proven the extreme punch power is generated from the legs not so much the upper body. Look and Brock for example he punched powerful enough to push or more so knock someone down but not so much to KO people. Also 170 and up seems to the the common weight class where if you can KO people consistently at 170 you could do it to any weight class. Meaning someone like Hendricks can KO any heavyweight that can be KOed fighting. Guys with granite jaws being the exception Phone Post 3.0

Ya we saw what a Johnson could do at hw. He's better at hw than ww Phone Post

ArtisticStrength - Johnny hit harder than mitrione on the lil machine. So I think he can hit harder but cain hits hard easier? Phone Post
I herd him hit in nj an it was so loud I stopped an was like what giant broke that.. Just some Lil bearded dude Phone Post 3.0