Punk: I dodged a bullet with shoulder injury

For the record there was NO CHANCE IN HELL (see what I did there) Punk would EVER go to TNA. Phone Post 3.0

Brigham -
commonsense517 -
Brigham - I'm not sure why he gets the hate he does. Phone Post 3.0
Because mma fans and pro wrestling fans hate each other for no fucking reason. Both are niche sports and would stand to benefit by supporting each other rather than spitting on the other. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. This forum is funny because basically if you're at any level of pro fighter you can beat up any pro wrestler. Simply isn't true.

Do I think Punk will do really well and hit the apex of MMA's welterweight division?No I don't. But I don't get why hate or cheer against him. He's the ultimate under dog story in the sense he has absolutely no athletic background that would traditionally be a great base for MMA. Why not support him? Plus he's been excellent for the UFC in the sense of press. He's said absolutely all the right things and has conducted himself in a way that most fighters would never conduct themselves. He also trains, legitimately 3 times a day. Whether he does well or not, he's putting in the work, the time, and the effort.

I for one will be cheering him on and hoping for the best for him because, why not? Phone Post 3.0
I don't have anything against you cheering him on, but he hasn't given me much reason to spend $50 to watch him fight. If I'm paying those sort of prices to watch fights I want the best damn fighters available for example John Wayne Parr would have got me interested.

Saying why not isn't giving me a reason to watch him, that money would be better off going to my niece. On top of that cm punk himself said "if I don't like it don't watch it" which doesn't indicate to me that there's a fire under his arse to prove people wrong, it's more like a "meh, whatever" attitude.

I hope you enjoy his fight when he eventually does get in the cage, but I'll be putting my money to better use. Phone Post 3.0

My initial thought was, "Yeah, you dodged a bullet. Having to fight a UFC caliber fighter."

Steve Iceman Little - If he doesn't get a fight before UFC 200 then all hype generated by his wrestling fans will die fast.

Duke needs to understand, since he is cutting a nice cut off his check, that if he doesn't say 'fuck it' lets call Dana now, then his meal ticket would be worth much less.

If Punk is getting any kind of PPV money, just set him up now, no more training will probably do the guy any good, he needs to just get in the octagon and lose, that way he has some sense of an idea what it's like and than book the 2nd big payday fight.

Roufusports are sitting on a gold mind, but don't wanna cash out because it might 'hurt the gym'. Grow a pair, and call Dana to book the fight, if you do it quick, he might get a fight soon, and another at UFC 200 which would be the best option at this point.

Gold mind?

Dude should fight Sage Northcutt. Sage definitely took the media's attention away from Punk.

UFC offered him a shot. Why would he pass it up? Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - UFC offered him a shot. Why would he pass it up? Phone Post 3.0
A lot of guys probably really believe they could compete if they just had some training, and getting choked out by a closet brown belt 145 pound IT professional is a wake up call. I think signing on as a UFC fighter was a bad move for him because it will just humanize him for all the delusional professional wrestling fans if he actually gets slapped around by a professional, but that will likely never happen anyway. Phone Post 3.0

He seems like a nice enough guy though so hopefully the training has been a good experience. Phone Post 3.0

When will this interview audio or video be posted? Or was it just a one on one paper to pen Phone Post 3.0

He won't be on an undercard will he?? He'll be on the main card because of his PPV points remember. Phone Post 3.0

For the record, I am a fan of both. I think a lot of people are. I have never understood the "wrestling is fake so we hate it" thing. Of course it's fake. It's a soap opera for dudes. I prob only watch it once a month and then Wrestlemania every year (buddies come over and we are like kids again), but it's great to see Hogan, the Rock etc.

Punk is in a tough spot. Starting late, body already beaten up and does not come from an NCAA wrestling background like Lesnar, Jenkins, Lashley, Hendricks, etc. His chances of success are very slim. But if he wants to try, more power to him.

LOL at calling Punk in MMA an "underdog story".

He's a UFC mark who used his b list (prob. closer to c list) celebrity status to be gifted a contract.

Dude isn't exactly Vince Papale.

CM Punk will never fight in the UFC.

I hate one thing of that article so badly.

The insertion of how Punk mops up.

Look, he possibly does. It's a tradition in gyms and indicative of his location in pecking order despite his fame.

BUT, it was placed in the article very purposefully.

It's like when Eric Church was recently interviewed for Men's Health.

To further perpetuate his well marketed persona, the interviewer included that Church had a Gerber, a pistol and a 30-06 with a Leupold scope on the table inside his trailer where he resides as his house gets built.

There was no reason he'd have this laid out for an interviewer and less of one to include it in the article but it goes well with selling his image.

He does live in a trailer BUT it's really a luxury one more like a construction office than poor community but that's not mentioned so as to allow trailer to conjure up an image of a double wide.

The gear is to let you know Church is the bad ass Gerber carrying outlaw who shoots guns and not the very wealthy musician who actually uses an app to hunt.

Anyhow, the inclusion of mopping floors in this article is meant to sell Punk to you.

If you hated his getting a pass into the UFC and so forth it creates something you must respect and therefore cause you to see him in a different life.

I say don't include it. If it's simply something you do, it's not worthy of mentioning.

I'm sure Punk took a shit and wiped that day as well but that's not important either.

Anyway, yes he mops floors in the gym.

But he also has fuck you money, travels in luxury and is a guy pushing 40 who while he may be working hard is getting the easiest path to the UFC than anyone.

I don't hate that.

I don't begrudge anyone for using whatever they have.

If I could get a recording contract and an offer to headline a concert tour of stadiums I'd sign to it even if I don't deserve such a billing.

I hate Brooks pushed as anything but a man of privilege and not the punk rocker he purports to be. Phone Post 3.0

oranos - CM Punk will never fight in the UFC.
This.

He will be a commentator or other on air talent.

He was going Q and A's and they like his abilities on the mic.

Honestly he's better than Sonnen and I don't mean promos, I mean being a speaker.

Chael with WSOF and his podcast is not a confident speaker and when he isn't cutting pro wrestling style promos he isn't that funny or compelling a personality.

Punk actually is. Punk is very quick witted, supremely confident and has a decent voice.

Punk was signed as a fuck you to WWE from his side and a way for UFC to attempt to drum up business in a time of losing stars.

Since then I believe Punk and company get that he really can't make it as a fighter and in time he can simply chalk it up to injuries rather than say he quit or failed.

After that he becomes on camera talent for UFC.

And I feel he will be a good one.

But, yes, he NEVER fights. Phone Post 3.0

Steve Iceman Little - If he doesn't get a fight before UFC 200 then all hype generated by his wrestling fans will die fast.

Duke needs to understand, since he is cutting a nice cut off his check, that if he doesn't say 'fuck it' lets call Dana now, then his meal ticket would be worth much less.

If Punk is getting any kind of PPV money, just set him up now, no more training will probably do the guy any good, he needs to just get in the octagon and lose, that way he has some sense of an idea what it's like and than book the 2nd big payday fight.

Roufusports are sitting on a gold mind, but don't wanna cash out because it might 'hurt the gym'. Grow a pair, and call Dana to book the fight, if you do it quick, he might get a fight soon, and another at UFC 200 which would be the best option at this point.

People will still remember him if he fights in 8 months or so.  And plus, Duke is known for being able to create good, realistic live sparring environments.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already had 2 or 3 smokers by now.

I originally thought Cm punk is probably gunna buy time with an injury... But seems legit. Is anyone really pumped to see this dude fight? If he fights anyone top 50 he gets shredded Phone Post 3.0

The Anthony Bourdain fight tis the only fight to make.. Phone Post 3.0

The Japanese used to force pro-wrestlers to fight in Pride. Some showed skill and budo, some more budo than skill, and some had neither. It was pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0

Super Saiyan God Vegeta - Not sure why mma fans still give this chump the light of day but oh well Phone Post 3.0
Because he is actually putting in the work to do something he wants. While you lazy ass sits on the computer talking shit about something you could never do Phone Post 3.0