Punta Cana Recommendations?

I’m headed back there (it’s been 3 years). We are debating trying a different resort, anyone have recommendations?  

Majestic Colonial is decent.  Been there twice and know there is better but just don’t know where.  

Stayed at Excellence for a buddies wedding a couple years ago.  That place was pretty sweet. Only time I've been to the dominacan though, so I'm no expert.

dabigchet - i went to barcelo bavaro palace last year and iberostar dominicana the year before. liked both. both years we were traveling with kids so it makes picking a resort a little more difficult.

We stayed at Barcelo Bavaro beach last time. The beach and ocean were amazing but reading reviews seems like it may have gone downhill. 

Hurtsogood -

Stayed at Excellence for a buddies wedding a couple years ago.  That place was pretty sweet. Only time I've been to the dominacan though, so I'm no expert.

I had a buddy stay there as well he seemed to really like it. 

Wife is leaning towards Secrets Cap Cana but I’m just worried the beach may not be as nice as Bavaro. 

Check recent reviews on TripAdvisor to make sure they weren’t destroyed by last year’s hurricanes