Purple Belt Pit Stop?

Purple belt seems to be where your intellectual and physical understanding in BJJ start to "get on the same page."

AND we realize we don't know shit.

This epiphany can make or break you. I think this is the point where your game takes the step into the "potential black belt bucket." Phone Post

DeanBlas - 
trianglegrrl - I figured this out about a year into BJJ. I remember making a list of all of the techniques I "knew" (i.e., that I had seen once and thought I knew) at white belt. I looked at the list of techniques I had written and thought, "wow, that's a lot!"

When I got my blue belt, I started to see all of the stuff I didn't know. My mental image was of a wall being knocked down, and discovering a vast cavern beyond it. That led me to realize that if I could see stuff I didn't know, then there must be a vast collection of things I don't even see. And I also realized that even the stuff I thought I understood, I didn't.

And that's pretty much held true until now (purple for almost 3 years). I don't know shit. It's really the most exciting thing about BJJ: that there is just endless potential.

I like that. I'm going too make this list tonight. I'm sure it will help even more. Thank you TRIANGRRL

Hah. I did that with the naiveté of a white belt. :) I'd be interested to see a list from a purple belt. Why don't you post it here?

New years day, my 2 year anniversary as a purple. I had a nice session at my instructors today. Felt great about a few things, scratched my head at a few things too..... Phone Post