Q&A with StKolbe

This should be interesting...

I'm bored...Ask me anything.

What's your confirmation name, and why did you choose it? (I'm going to need to make this decision in the near future!)

why do i feel that being good to people and always respecting my fellow human being is good enough to get to where i need to go when i die?

Why do you think it is i believe that bible and organized religion have strong ties to whats known as, Power Of Suggestion??

Why is that although the bible, or what i know of it, takes place in Jerusalum (sp) which is in the Middle East, but yet the Middle East and the US have VERY differnent religons??

Why do you suppose that GOD in the Bible, again what i know of it, only really refers to whites and blacks (i believe) but you never knew of, all the other different types of cutlures??

LAST:

WHY IS THAT OUT OF ALL OF THE CUTLURES AND RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD, VERY FEW ARE ALIKE, MOST EXREMELY DIFFERENT, BUT YET RIGHT IN THEIR OWN, and YET NO ONE IS WRONG ABOUT WHAT THEY BLIEVE?

SOME ONE HAS TO BE WRONG, WHO, WHAT AND WHY?

this is not an attack but merely a few of the THOUSANDS of questions and disbeliefs that make up what i beleive.

TT

"What's your confirmation name, and why did you choose it?"

Yikes, it's been so long I honestly don't remember.

"why do i feel that being good to people and always respecting my fellow human being is good enough to get to where i need to go when i die?"

Good question, but that would depend on the "where" that you are referring to after death.

"Why do you think it is i believe that bible and organized religion have strong ties to whats known as, Power Of Suggestion??"

Probably because you are suspicious of any authority?

"Why is that although the bible, or what i know of it, takes place in Jerusalum (sp) which is in the Middle East, but yet the Middle East and the US have VERY differnent religons??"

Christianity in the Middle East is not very much different from Christianity in the US.  In fact, the Catholic Mass is *exactly* the same (except for the language).

"Why do you suppose that GOD in the Bible, again what i know of it, only really refers to whites and blacks (i believe) but you never knew of, all the other different types of cutlures??"

I don't think God was trying to give a run down of different cultures in the Bible. 

"WHY IS THAT OUT OF ALL OF THE CUTLURES AND RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD, VERY FEW ARE ALIKE, MOST EXREMELY DIFFERENT, BUT YET RIGHT IN THEIR OWN, and YET NO ONE IS WRONG ABOUT WHAT THEY BLIEVE?

SOME ONE HAS TO BE WRONG, WHO, WHAT AND WHY?

this is not an attack but merely a few of the THOUSANDS of questions and disbeliefs that make up what i beleive."

I agree with you.  Men have active imaginations, and many search for what they want to believe as opposed to searching for the Truth.

What is the strictest, most difficult penance you have had to perform?

Why do all of the catholics I know personally, including priests, nuns, and brothers, all believe very little of what is official church doctrine, outside of the essential Creed stuff?

Do you think the church handled the pedophile problem sufficiently?

the rev

"What is the strictest, most difficult penance you have had to perform?"

Memorize Psalm 50 (51) (which isn't all that bad).

"Why do all of the catholics I know personally, including priests, nuns, and brothers, all believe very little of what is official church doctrine, outside of the essential Creed stuff?"

Pride. 

"Do you think the church handled the pedophile problem sufficiently?"

No.

Do you know of any texts with information about Jesus from his youth? Say, 12 to 30?

No, but if you find any that look to be authentic, let me know!

When are the Irish gonna win another National championship?

yours in Christ

sherm

LOL TT...those questions can only be answered by you. Kolbe is not a psychic...a psycho maybe. He was only speculating.

yours in Christ

sherm

"When are the Irish gonna win another National championship?"

When someone aside from Ty Willingham is the coach!!!!

TT, I apologize, I deleted your post completely by mistake. The "delete message" link is way too close to the profile link, which I intended to click.

Anyway, I'm sorry you thought I was mocking or ridiculing you...that was not my intention. Was there something in particular that you took offense to?

no Kolbe, its all good, i should have known you weren't purposely ridiculing me, i was just looking for me, well thought out answeres i guess.......actually after going back and reading your answers, while they dont substitute a reasonable explanation to me, they are answers to the questions at hand.

Sherm got me thinking with what he said only those questions can be answered by me, but those questions are not just ideas or philosopohies (while in context they are) but to me they mean something and have bothered me for years and are partly the reason why i dont believe in GOD or the Bible.

I guess understanding is half of believing and i dont understand how the questions i asked can be true, which they are true in nature but not in fact.

sorry for the confusing shit, but this is the type of stuff that runs throught my head on a daily basis.

thanks guys, like i told Sherm once before, my Great Grandfather was a minister for 44 years and him are almost completey alike in the way we think, i never knew him growing up so i know if i had, i may have ended up a minister myself.but thats another story.

TT

"When someone aside from Ty Willingham is the coach!!!!"

Haha! My first question was going to be, "Do you think Ty Willingham is a good coach?" but I changed it at the last minute to reflect the "Holy" part of "Holyground." Guess my question got answered afterall.

I have a "Don't blame me, I voted for Lou" bumper sticker tacked to the wall in my office at work...

Do you think that you and Donna will ever live in peace with each other?

Do you think that divorced catholics should have the right to receive comunion?

If the first commandment has two in one, don't you think we should call them the 11 commandments instead of the 10?

Do you believe that girls could be altar boys?

If Jesus was a carpenter, how many crosses did he make to help the romans kill other people?

People call the thief that died next to Jesus "the good thief", since when thieves are "good"?

Was Jesus a Rican?

Donna is pro-choice, do you think that the "monkeys strike for justice" that she is talking about will also strike for pro-choice?

Do monkeys use computers?

"Do you think that you and Donna will ever live in peace with each other?"

I'm perfectly at peace with Donna. I don't hold any ill will towards her. I just call her out on things that are hypocritical.

"Do you think that divorced catholics should have the right to receive comunion?"

Assuming they are not living in sin, yes.

"If the first commandment has two in one, don't you think we should call them the 11 commandments instead of the 10?"

Honestly, I don't care either way.

"Do you believe that girls could be altar boys?"

LOL!!! No, girls can't be altar boys, or any other kind of boys for that matter.

"If Jesus was a carpenter, how many crosses did he make to help the romans kill other people?"

Good question, but the answer is zero.

"People call the thief that died next to Jesus "the good thief", since when thieves are "good"?"

He was good in the sense that he repented for his sins and asked forgiveness.

"Was Jesus a Rican?"

What's a Rican?

"Donna is pro-choice, do you think that the "monkeys strike for justice" that she is talking about will also strike for pro-choice?"

No. Ironically, you see many "pro-choice" people who will castize you for eating meat...somehow that's cruel to animals.

"Do monkeys use computers?"

Probably somewhere in the world.

Please restate your post in the form of a question, as this is a Q&A thread. Thank you!

"How many puppies have to die to feed you breakfast?"

Depends what breed.