Q: Deductible not met, plan allowance or normal...

charges?  At what rate are you billed when you haven't met your deductible?

help?

Whatever was negotiated with that insurance company, not sure if its a standard for all. You should be able to ask the place of the service

Don't think I'd trust any insurance plan from this site. Just saying.

1 Like

Braf Zachland -

Whatever was negotiated with that insurance company, not sure if its a standard for all. You should be able to ask the place of the service

So it doesn't matter if it's something over or under your deductible?  It's the same price even if you're not actually using the insurance?

i can feel the desperation in this thread. No build up!

HELWIG -

i can feel the desperation in this thread. No build up!

None at all, I have great health insurance.  I was just reading about the insurance industry and this question popped into my head.

nek -
Braf Zachland -

So it doesn't matter if it's something over or under your deductible?  It's the same price even if you're not actually using the insurance?

You're insurance company has negotiated rates, you will pay less than someone "off the street" depending on your plan, is it a high deductible plan? Where you pay "all" until your deductible is met?

I don't know if it varies by state or provider, but here, if you have a deductible, charges are at the contract rate with the provider. Even though you're paying the deductible, you're still covered under the insurance.

IronHands -

I don't know if it varies by state or provider, but here, if you have a deductible, charges are at the contract rate with the provider. Even though you're paying the deductible, you're still covered under the insurance.

This is what I'm getting at.  Thanks.