Q for Rodney: Weight Training?

I was wondering if you could share your conditioning routine. Do you lift weights, run, do bodyweight exercises, something else entirely? Or does most of your conditioning come from bag work, sparring/rolling etc.? Maybe both? Just curious....

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,
Good to hear from you. I really like to work wieghts when I get a chance, but too be honest it is really boarring:)

So when I am not rolling or sparring, light and continues, which is great for cardio specefic target training I like the following:
1. Selected exercises from Yoga- for flexibility and lower back maintenance
2. Selected Pilates work- for core abdominal strength
3. Stability ball work- this is really my favorite and it kicks ass. I also work weights with the ball as well.I suggest everyone do this!
4. Selected Plyometrics.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

Rodney

Rodney-

Cool, thanks for taking the time to respond. What kind of weighted exercises do you do on the stability ball?

Brian

Rodney, this is Yuri. I have a question on conditioning. Since I hurt my lower back (nerve), I hardly go to a fitness place anymore, because if I run 10 minutes, I could fall.
Therefore, most of my exercise now is just BJJ/grappling and Boxing. I just started Pilates and I am still new with this.
When I start Pilates, I really didn't feel that it's a strong workout yet. My isntructor told me that it takes time cause it has something to do a lot with breathing and posturing. What are some of your experience with Pilates. Can Pilates replace the fitness workout in addition to Boxing and BJJ?Thanks for taking time to read and response.

Hi Brian,
Human Kinetics has a good starter book on stability ball work...get it, it has all the techniques in it. It's a good buy.

Yuri, stick with the Pilates....it takes time but its worth it. Judging by your injury I woule stear clear of Yoga. Stability Ball and the same book recomended above would be good for you!

Cheers,

Rodney
www.alivenessnow.com

I'll check out that book...

Thanks,

Bri

Rodney,

I can not find the human kinetics book you are writing about. Do you have an ISBN or title?

ISBN 0-7360-3828-0

Cheers,

Rodney

www.alivenessnow.com