QJs Illegal Blow set up...

...his KO punch on Liddell.

I wasn't even looking for it, but just noticed at the very end of UFC 71, as they're showing the night's highlights, they show a previously unshown angle on QJ's KO of Chuck.

Right before the KO punch, Chuck was defending by hiding his head against QJ's body, so Quentin came down with an illegal elbow right to the side of Chuck's face, that knocked him back to the mat setting up the KO punch.

You can't see it on the regular broadcast because the elbow happens fast and right as BJM cuts across screening out the blow from the viewers.

I'm not saying this was intentional, nor that Jackson doesn't deserve the win, just saying I haven't heard anyone else mention this before and I only caught it by chance.

It was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

lol, check the zapruder film, dude :)

Not illegal. Elbows that are thrown from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock are illegal. Rampage threw that elbow in an arcing motion from like 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock.

I also noticed this then was set straight on this forum with the rule definition.

good try though,

dj mas

you're saying that as long as the elbow is not traveling exactly parrallel to the direction of the earth's gravitational pull it's legal?

if that's the case, then 99.9% of all elbows thrown in the UFC are legal, and fighters should just let er rip with them then.

^that is exactly right!

if that's true that's got to be about the stupidest rule I've ever heard of.

either allow elbows or don't but to defind the direction of them... like that... crazy.

So your saying QJ did some cocaine?

lol@Mayhem

What Rampage did to Chuck is akin to what Sokojou did to Arona and Rogerio.

COMPLETE DOMINATION.

It looked ot me as if Jackson unloaded with the lebow in an attemt to block an attempted thumbing by Liddell. No foul, fight on..

Hahaha nice!

LOL @ egoki11a!!!

"if that's true that's got to be about the stupidest rule I've ever heard of. "

Couture even said that he has a hard time understanding the rule. 

"I think the 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock elbow rule is the dumbest one in MMA. I mean, who's going to be elbowing someone in the head for 6 hours?"

LOL

Remember Lauzon's elbow aimed at the side of Cole Miller's head?  Legal, except that Miller turned at the last minute and the elbow struck the back of his head.

Watch the video

stop it now...

"I think the 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock elbow rule is the dumbest one in MMA. I mean, who's going to be elbowing someone in the head for 6 hours? "

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

"Liddell was already out any fuckin' way..."

you don't know what I'm talking about if you think he was out already... you have to go to the alternative angle shown at the end of the show.

"10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow."

if the rule just reads this way, the elbow was definately "downward" which is not the same thing as "exactly straight up and down."

it, without a doubt had a "downward" component with it.