Queen of England: Any power?

Like if she said "fuck it, I'm tired of all these Muslims! Start be heading them in the street"

Could that happen a la Henry the 8th? That's how he would have handled shit.

Then he would have had his wife's head cutoff and married her assistant. Oh wait, he did. Phone Post 3.0

Nyet.

Constitutional Monarchy. Phone Post 3.0

LiveWire - Nyet.

Constitutional Monarchy. Phone Post 3.0
What's that mean?

So the Monarchy has no power? How did they lose it? Phone Post 3.0

All bills passed by Parliament must have her approval in order to become laws, although that's something that hasn't been refused by a Monarch since the 1700's. If she felt like not approving any more bills, I think that would likely cause a problem.

She's the highest paid ceremonial figure in the world, essentially. Phone Post 3.0

"On the other hand, the Canadian Constitution grants sweeping political powers to the Queen, and declares that “the executive government and authority of and over Canada” is vested in her. Among other things, she is said to be the head of Canada’s parliament and the commander-in-chief of the Canadian armed forces. - See more at: http://www.thecanadaguide.com/"

She receives openly, 75 million welfare a year just from Canada. Probably about half a billion, a year, from all the commonwealth countries.

The Queen actually has a ton of powers in reserve.

The fact she hasn't exercised them doesn't mean she doesn't have them. She could destabilize the world, at least for some time, if she actually exercised them.

Ridgeback -

She is insanely wealthy and highly connected so she has a kind of power, but not in the legal sense (which is only a fiction people agree to anyway).  

England is sort of ho hum since they started getting into all this democracy bullshit.  Give me an Alfred over the beta clowns running the show any day.  

I read that they are no longer "extremely wealthy." They mostly have assets which are really the people of Englands. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't it technically the case that she has more power over Canada than she does England?

I don't think she can really make any calls though without having it removed permanently in both cases.

yes but HOW did the Monarchy give up power?????

I mean Kings used to be the shot callers!

Judge Mental -

America was formed. That's how. Phone Post 3.0

I think she can deadlift mid 400's. Phone Post 3.0

In a crisis situation she could become a figurehead again. Not so much power in the day to day.

Enough power to arrange car accidents.

Last year she tried to claim money from the UK poverty fund to heat her castles. Parasites, every one of them. Phone Post 3.0

Judge Mental -

The kings started to get their heads chopped off. Phone Post 3.0

Remember remember the 5th of November

I think that's how it went lol Phone Post 3.0

Judge Mental - 

Google Oliver Cromwell.

Invulnerability to car crashes.

You better believe she could have some power if she was so inclined.

A lot of top army guys are loyal to the crown before any politician. Phone Post 3.0

Zekolas -
Judge Mental -

The kings started to get their heads chopped off. Phone Post 3.0
That was just the catholic ones they don't count. Phone Post 3.0