Question about cauliflower ear

Muay Tired - Thanks a lot, Empire! I clicked on that "article" while at work and had to talk to my supervisor about visiting "man-sites" on the internet.

I'm sure it's not the first time.

wow, empire has gotten me 3 out of 3 times now, bravo sir

Muay Tired - for real?

sorry broseph.

i thought cauliflower ear causing cancer would've cued everyone in.

the fact that shen gave it credibility was clue number 2.

check
&
mate.

for real though, if it caused you issues, i'll be glad to talk to your supervisor... for real. i won't even talk w/ a lisp.

It was teh "cnn" and "oncology" that gave it credibility.

if i used "fox" and "cancershit" it would've gave it away.

Ridgeback -  Wearing a kimono can make a big difference as far as abrasion of the ear. 

Even worse is when your ear starts to pull away.  I had a nice gash behind my ear where it started to come off.  <br type="_moz" />

HOLY CRAP!! I had the same thing happen to me. I was on bottom half and the guy was trying to work a whizzer, slid his arm back and sliced my ear open, drove myself to the ER and waited for them to stitch it back on (4-6 stitches later it was all better)

crazy that this happened to anyone else

I know a wrestler who has drained his ears at least 20 times and they look normal

6mildollarman - 
joemasepoos - 
Ridgeback -  Wearing a kimono can make a big difference as far as abrasion of the ear. 

Even worse is when your ear starts to pull away.  I had a nice gash behind my ear where it started to come off.  <br type="_moz" />

I had the same , I had to get 3 stitches behind my ear , the doctor battled to stitch it up , its all good now .

Holy crap, this can actually happen?!?!

Yeah, my left ear is a mess. Cauliflower ear (not major, as I drained it, but noticeable), and it has "torn away" a bit. Every time it heals up, it will rip again. Sucks.

Funny part is that I have been training Jiu-Jitsu for closing in on 14 years, and I had no problems with my ears until 3 years ago.

Posture, prevent the crossface, and tap.<br /><br />Ta-farking-DAHHHHH!!!! ;)

(edited for cussing and lack of smiley-facing)

Empire - Muay Tired - for real?

sorry broseph.

i thought cauliflower ear causing cancer would've cued everyone in.

the fact that shen gave it credibility was clue number 2.

check
&
mate.

Naw, I was kidding about the supervisor and all that. Kind of an inside joke on my part: we used to have a guy here at work who liked bodybuilding sites and kept getting viruses. The supervisor told him it was from visiting "all those man sites."

That was a good one, though. I don't usually fall for the old fake-url-but-it's-really-matbattle ruse. You got me!

I just remembered the last grappling tournament I was at, I saw a kid, no more than 8 years old with golf ball sized cauliflower on one side of his head. It was nasty. Phone Post

How much blood is worth draining? I just noticed my upper ear feels a little squishy and hot/sore after a night of guillotine variations. There is about a quarter inch of fluid inside near the top. Should I be going to the doctor? I'm not worried about how it looks, I just don't want to have ears that are constantly breaking open in a few years.