Question about dieting...

A month ago I made a post asking people when they bulk, do they eat by the book, tuna, egg whites, chicken breast, etc. What I got back was that most people don't and most people eat alot of food high in fat.

We'll I've gained about 10lbs since I started bulking and I want to diet a little now. My question now is: How many of you here actually follow the book while dieting? In terms of low fat.

It took me about 3000 - 3200 calories a day to bulk, 1 lb per week. If I diet, does it matter that I eat foods that may be high in fat? fried foods, pastrami, etc, if I keep my caloric intake at 2500 calories(a pace of -1 lb per week), whiling getting an ample amount of protein and complex carbs?

Thanks in advance.

What book are you talking about?

Here is the deal with losing weight. Some people will tell you that the ONLY thing that matters is calories in VS. calories out. If you use more than you ingest then you will lose weight. Now, while it's true that you can just count calories and achieve fat loss this is neither the fastest or healthiest way to lose fat. 2500 calories a day from ice cream and 2500 calories a day from lean protein, fresh vegetables and some essential fats are not even close to being equal where health and performance are concerned.

So, to answer your question, it's always best to eat a diet that is sensibly healthy and carries the proper ratio of nutrients to help in achieving your goals.

Best in Health and Training, J. R.

When I say, follow the book, it was just a figure of speech.

TTT

Imagine this scenario: Say you eat 2500 calories a day (and have been maintaining weight at that amount), and you cut to 1000. Over the course of a month, you have a caloric deficit of 45,000 calories. In one month, you should lose 13 lbs. (very possible)

However, continuing in this vein, you should lose 154 lbs. during the course of a year. So, following the calories in = calories out theory, if you started out weighing 150 lbs., you would weigh less than nothing.

Your body has an intricate balance with regard to metabolic rate. Following the oversimplified calories in=calories out rationale may be a good start (many people have lost weight this way), but don't put all your stock in this theory. Much more is involved biochemically & hormonally.

So do you guys watch your fat intake when dieting? if your counting calories? is there a good reason to? other than too much fat may be bad for your health.