Question about Lloyd and Lovato Jr.

I clicked on one of the links in one of these threads that was an "all about lloyd irvin" web site. In it, it mentioned the recent dust up about Lovato's dvd "scam".

Can anyone share any details? I was getting emails about Lovato's dvd's and got some free bjj moves emailed to me but I never purchased the pressure passing dvd's.

Did he collect money and then never ship the dvd's or what exactly was behind the supposed controversy.

Thanks

Who are these two guys? I'm so confused Phone Post

if you bought the dvd you automatically got signed up for his online training at $90 a month.

With the purchase of the DVDs, you were enrolled in a free trial of his online training program. The sketchy part was that you had to specifically cancel the trial or you would be automatically deducted $79 per month for the program. People were (rightfully) very annoyed at this practice because it felt like a quick way for Lovato's people to make some extra dollars off people who didn't closely pay attention to the terms of a DVD purchase. I think we're all annoyed when we have to opt-out of something as opposed to opt-in...especially when it ends up costing you money.

Why are all of these threads in the UG these guys don't train or know who the fuck Lovato is Phone Post

Hugh Jaynus - With the purchase of the DVDs, you were enrolled in a free trial of his online training program. The sketchy part was that you had to specifically cancel the trial or you would be automatically deducted $79 per month for the program. People were (rightfully) very annoyed at this practice because it felt like a quick way for Lovato's people to make some extra dollars off people who didn't closely pay attention to the terms of a DVD purchase. I think we're all annoyed when we have to opt-out of something as opposed to opt-in...especially when it ends up costing you money.

What a piece of shit thing to do.

who are "these guys" that you are referring to?

If you mean me, I do train and I do know who Lovato is. I just didn't know what the controversy was.