Question about my pistol

This is crazy

FatChrist Magic -
theken206 - 
FatChrist Magic -

Jay, I think you are sincere, so I will answer your questions sincerely... but honestly, you need to get your hands on a book and read it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1946267953/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Carry your gun on your person in a holster. Considering the size and weight of your gun, I suggest you consider getting a shoulder holster. Do not carry your gun off person. You will not have access to it when you need it, and the chance you leave it somewhere... in the bathroom, on a counter somewhere, in your car... goes up substantially.

Use the safety on your gun. If you are going to carry your gun cocked (and you should) it needs to be locked... otherwise you will accidentally shoot yourself or someone else.  1911's necessitate the use of the safety, and the fact your gun guy told you otherwise is everything you need to know to go get yourself a new gun guy.

Did you really just non ironically suggest a fucking shoulder holster? 

Jesus, no. Not only no but fuuuuck no.

Damn. Almost made it 5 pages before Ken decided to save the thread. I sure hope he posts a holster video now.

I mean you were on point other than the Miami vice 1980s dumb ass shoulder holster advice lol. 

A good clue should be, does any serious defense tactics of national standing run, or reccomend a shoulder holster lol. If not, why. They are impractical and out dated for many reasons, saftey, weapons retention, concealment etc.

i carry this everywhere i go

just in case

but theres no guns, its full of hersheys kisses

![](upload://cQdicg3UbecZb4Br5WfdYxFcro4.jpeg)

3 Likes
iclimb513 - Good thread. The usual clash of know it alls who all know the exact opposite thing all the other know it alls know.

Also, what’s the deal with those gun deploy devices I see where it’s like the gun is down your pant leg, and you pull a tab with one hand while grabbing the piece with the other as it slides up above your waist? It’s some kind of weird quick draw thing. Are those legit?

Lol @ the first paragraph. This could be quoted for a lot other threads.

This is isn't going to end well! 

TongueClipper -

5+ pages

Good job. 

White347LX -

![](upload://noGp794OJxfN4D1lsmPHhGzbD5q.jpeg)

Lol this. I love carrying my beretta 92 in the cold months. Glock21 if I’m going to chicago.

Go with a sub-compact or a snub nose 38 or 357.... 

Always on your person ..... 

PeoriaBJJ -
White347LX -

![](upload://noGp794OJxfN4D1lsmPHhGzbD5q.jpeg)

Lol this. I love carrying my beretta 92 in the cold months. Glock21 if I’m going to chicago.

Peep out the phlster enigma! Im running around with a big ass gun in a track suit like a russian dope boy these days. With the retention and Concealment and comfort of a good gun belt. Shits been a game changer lol. Basket ball shorts/sweats and a glock 19 for the win hahaha.

Jay went silent in this thread. Is he ok? Should we do a wellness check to make sure he didnt shoot himself in the leg?

2 Likes
Chimonos Revenge -

Jay went silent in this thread. Is he ok? Should we do a wellness check to make sure he didnt shoot himself in the leg?

In the off season, Jay sleeps from 7:00 PM to 6:30 AM EST.

Twinkle Toes - I'm not a 1911 guy. They are hammer fired, correct? Personally i think that already makes it a shitty concealed carry gun.

Most people concealed carry striker fired guns (no thingy to cock). You just rack the slide and everything is internal. They also carry with a round in the chamber and no safety. I personally will not purchase a handgun with a safety. Your finger is your safety and you should have a properly fitted holster that will not allow anything to touch or snag the trigger.

Personally i generally do not carry with a round in the chamber unless i know i’m going to be somewhere sketchy. I don’t care what everyone says. If i find myself in a situation where that .5 seconds i need to rack the slide is life or death i’m likely already fucked. I try to be situationally aware though and i keep my distance from people so in almost any circumstance i would have time. The only time i see it being an issue is if i were jumped by thugs, which goes into being situationally aware. BUT generally you are taught to carry with a round in the chamber but it’s personal preference.

But sounds like you should spend a little more time getting intimate with your firearm before carrying it. I’d also recommend getting something that’s not the size of a fucking axe to conceal carry with.

If you’re skeered say you’re skeered.

I picture this ending like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer shoots the remote control to change the channel.

Passive Jay -

Now that I have a conceal carry licence I have some questions! This would be for the CC people

Carry on you or in something like a bag or backpack?

Does how you dress change how you carry? Like do you have a summer carry and a winter one?

the conceal carry instructor told me to not have the safety on and keep the thingie cocked. That sounds kind of unsafe, is that good advice?

I'm happy for you that you got your CCW but if you're going to carry a lethal weapon around maybe learn what the working parts are called.  I'm surprised you were able to get your CCW without knowing the terminology for how your gun operates.  I carry almost every day I'm glad you went and got your CCW but it would show little bit of healthy respect to know your weapon. Just my 2 cents

1 Like
Teamprimal1 -
Passive Jay -

Now that I have a conceal carry licence I have some questions! This would be for the CC people

Carry on you or in something like a bag or backpack?

Does how you dress change how you carry? Like do you have a summer carry and a winter one?

the conceal carry instructor told me to not have the safety on and keep the thingie cocked. That sounds kind of unsafe, is that good advice?

I'm happy for you that you got your CCW but if you're going to carry a lethal weapon around maybe learn what the working parts are called.  I'm surprised you were able to get your CCW without knowing the terminology for how your gun operates.  I carry almost every day I'm glad you went and got your CCW but it would show little bit of healthy respect to know your weapon. Just my 2 cents

Lol! Don't you guys have free gun giveaways with a Big Gulp at seven eleven on Sundays? I bet there are a lot of people who speak in "thingy" while holding their guns up for a look.

It's fucking scary, that an American, with some level of firearms training, experience, and a fucking carry permit. Doesn't seem to have the first clue about these questions.

I'm English, never held a real firearm in my life. 

Why the fuck would you carry in a bag or something. In a holster in your person is the obvious answer. 

As for no safety, seems kinda stupid to me. Especially for you! You're only gonna accidentally shoot yourself or someone.

That conceal carry “instructor” should never teach again if that is the shitty kind of advice he is giving.  He sounds like someone that probably dresses in tacticool stuff every day and got his instructor’s certification online.

1 Like
Richard Cranium -

That conceal carry “instructor” should never teach again if that is the shitty kind of advice he is giving.  He sounds like someone that probably dresses in tacticool stuff every day and got his instructor’s certification online.

I still don't believe the instructor told him to carry his 1911 cocked without the safety on. I mean there is just no way.

I think Jay heard him wrong or is just throwing out chum in the water.

If the instructor did tell a newbie to carry a 1911 hair trigger cocked no safety that is beyond absurd and he should be called out.

1 Like
TexDeuce -
Richard Cranium -

I still don't believe the instructor told him to carry his 1911 cocked without the safety on. I mean there is just no way.

If the instructor did tell a newbie to carry a 1911 hair trigger cocked no safety that is beyond absurd and he should be called out.

I'm guessing chambered with the safety off is what he was told.

TexDeuce -
Richard Cranium -

I hope you are right.  I’ve just seen too many videos where the instructors are dumbasses.  The way they hand out instructor certifications these days is kinda shocking.  Just about anyone can get one.