Question about my pistol

sgotwalks -
Teamprimal1 -
Passive Jay -

Now that I have a conceal carry licence I have some questions! This would be for the CC people

Carry on you or in something like a bag or backpack?

Does how you dress change how you carry? Like do you have a summer carry and a winter one?

the conceal carry instructor told me to not have the safety on and keep the thingie cocked. That sounds kind of unsafe, is that good advice?

I'm happy for you that you got your CCW but if you're going to carry a lethal weapon around maybe learn what the working parts are called.  I'm surprised you were able to get your CCW without knowing the terminology for how your gun operates.  I carry almost every day I'm glad you went and got your CCW but it would show little bit of healthy respect to know your weapon. Just my 2 cents

Lol! Don't you guys have free gun giveaways with a Big Gulp at seven eleven on Sundays? I bet there are a lot of people who speak in "thingy" while holding their guns up for a look.

Da fuk are you talking about?

Teamprimal1 -
sgotwalks -
Teamprimal1 -
Passive Jay -

Now that I have a conceal carry licence I have some questions! This would be for the CC people

Does how you dress change how you carry? Like do you have a summer carry and a winter one?

the conceal carry instructor told me to not have the safety on and keep the thingie cocked. That sounds kind of unsafe, is that good advice?

I'm happy for you that you got your CCW but if you're going to carry a lethal weapon around maybe learn what the working parts are called.  I'm surprised you were able to get your CCW without knowing the terminology for how your gun operates.  I carry almost every day I'm glad you went and got your CCW but it would show little bit of healthy respect to know your weapon. Just my 2 cents

Lol! Don't you guys have free gun giveaways with a Big Gulp at seven eleven on Sundays? I bet there are a lot of people who speak in "thingy" while holding their guns up for a look.

And there it is. I try to shake some piss and it takes 16 hours and 7 posts to get a little attention around here. These threads usually take about 2 minutes to get my fix of fuckery.

sgotwalks -
Teamprimal1 -
sgotwalks -
Teamprimal1 -
Passive Jay -

And there it is. I try to shake some piss and it takes 16 hours and 7 posts to get a little attention around here. These threads usually take about 2 minutes to get my fix of fuckery.

Nothing wrong with throwing some chum out in the water. I support your fuckery lol.

I do think Jay gets too much shit on these threads. They are always entertaining though. 

PJ I'd strongly recommend you take an additional handgun safety course from a reputed instructor that has good reviews online. It would be a good investment for the 10 milli you just bought..

Richard Cranium -
TexDeuce -
Richard Cranium -

That conceal carry “instructor” should never teach again if that is the shitty kind of advice he is giving.  He sounds like someone that probably dresses in tacticool stuff every day and got his instructor’s certification online.

I still don't believe the instructor told him to carry his 1911 cocked without the safety on. I mean there is just no way.

I think Jay heard him wrong or is just throwing out chum in the water.

If the instructor did tell a newbie to carry a 1911 hair trigger cocked no safety that is beyond absurd and he should be called out.

I hope you are right.  I’ve just seen too many videos where the instructors are dumbasses.  The way they hand out instructor certifications these days is kinda shocking.  Just about anyone can get one.

Yeah there are some morons out there no doubt. I just can't imagine someone would say to carry the 1911 cocked no safety to a person with their first gun? That's crazy. 

Passive Jay -

Dear lord please be trolling.  If not get some training,  and not by the guy you mentioned. Also appendix carry is the best for all seasons.

Guys just chill out, he doesn't have ammo to accidently shoot himself with anyway. It'll be fine. 

For your own sake…Learn lots more before you carry anything anywhere.

Also you need to practice. A gun will do nothing but fuck you if you miss. Learn to not miss…then carry your gun.

theken206 - 
FatChrist Magic -
theken206 - 
FatChrist Magic -

Jay, I think you are sincere, so I will answer your questions sincerely... but honestly, you need to get your hands on a book and read it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1946267953/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Carry your gun on your person in a holster. Considering the size and weight of your gun, I suggest you consider getting a shoulder holster. Do not carry your gun off person. You will not have access to it when you need it, and the chance you leave it somewhere... in the bathroom, on a counter somewhere, in your car... goes up substantially.

Use the safety on your gun. If you are going to carry your gun cocked (and you should) it needs to be locked... otherwise you will accidentally shoot yourself or someone else.  1911's necessitate the use of the safety, and the fact your gun guy told you otherwise is everything you need to know to go get yourself a new gun guy.

Did you really just non ironically suggest a fucking shoulder holster? 

Jesus, no. Not only no but fuuuuck no.

Damn. Almost made it 5 pages before Ken decided to save the thread. I sure hope he posts a holster video now.

I mean you were on point other than the Miami vice 1980s dumb ass shoulder holster advice lol. 

A good clue should be, does any serious defense tactics of national standing run, or reccomend a shoulder holster lol. If not, why. They are impractical and out dated for many reasons, saftey, weapons retention, concealment etc.

I don’t often carry. But I do when I hunt in bear country. If I am packing a gun it will likely be a full size 1911 in .45acp. Why? Because it is what I shoot the most and and am the most comfortable with.

I also carry it in a shoulder holster. Why? because it keeps it safely stored out of my way for shooting my bow. I have hiked through hell and back, through nasty shit for days with in on, and never have had any issues. It stays secure, and more importantly it keeps it ready and available quickly.

I also am not trying to conceal it, perhaps that is why we disagree. I want it not only secure but very quickly accessible.

I like paddle holsters for more concealed carry, but not through the thick shit in the mountains…It will for a fact end up on the ground at some point while hiking in the mountains.

They are neither impractical nor outdated for my purposes. I am 60 and do as I always have. Zero accidents ever, and I have been hunting alone since I was 12, for many weeks each and every year.

1 Like

![](upload://sz6Er4iPcrAhl1lCZY0lcw9YRXP.gif)

Dryfly -
theken206 - 
FatChrist Magic -
theken206 - 
FatChrist Magic -

Jay, I think you are sincere, so I will answer your questions sincerely... but honestly, you need to get your hands on a book and read it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1946267953/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Carry your gun on your person in a holster. Considering the size and weight of your gun, I suggest you consider getting a shoulder holster. Do not carry your gun off person. You will not have access to it when you need it, and the chance you leave it somewhere... in the bathroom, on a counter somewhere, in your car... goes up substantially.

Use the safety on your gun. If you are going to carry your gun cocked (and you should) it needs to be locked... otherwise you will accidentally shoot yourself or someone else.  1911's necessitate the use of the safety, and the fact your gun guy told you otherwise is everything you need to know to go get yourself a new gun guy.

Did you really just non ironically suggest a fucking shoulder holster? 

Jesus, no. Not only no but fuuuuck no.

Damn. Almost made it 5 pages before Ken decided to save the thread. I sure hope he posts a holster video now.

I mean you were on point other than the Miami vice 1980s dumb ass shoulder holster advice lol. 

A good clue should be, does any serious defense tactics of national standing run, or reccomend a shoulder holster lol. If not, why. They are impractical and out dated for many reasons, saftey, weapons retention, concealment etc.

I don’t often carry. But I do when I hunt in bear country. If I am packing a gun it will likely be a full size 1911 in .45acp. Why? Because it is what I shoot the most and and am the most comfortable with.

I also carry it in a shoulder holster. Why? because it keeps it safely stored out of my way for shooting my bow. I have hiked through hell and back, through nasty shit for days with in on, and never have had any issues. It stays secure, and more importantly it keeps it ready and available quickly.

I also am not trying to conceal it, perhaps that is why we disagree. I want it not only secure but very quickly accessible.

I like paddle holsters for more concealed carry, but not through the thick shit in the mountains…It will for a fact end up on the ground at some point while hiking in the mountains.

They are neither impractical nor outdated for my purposes. I am 60 and do as I always have. Zero accidents ever, and I have been hunting alone since I was 12, for many weeks each and every year.

That’s a pretty different scenario than carrying concealed though. I still prefer one of the Vtac or Kenai gun fighters INC chest rigs for stuff like that to a shoulder rig.

PJ, please get some actual training if you have not already. Don’t ask your “gun guy”. Look up a range and have someone go through the proper protocol. Go home and practice that until it’s natural. Guns can be awkward and are inherently dangerous. Do the right thing.

When was the last time he has actually responded to this thread?

Thanks for all the constructive criticism everyone!

1 Like
Passive Jay -

Thanks for all the constructive criticism everyone!

Lol it's funny the hate you get. The more you use it the more comfortable you will be on how to carry or if you really want to carry. When I got my CC I never carried because I didn't trust my ability to hit the target. That gun is huge and would be uncomfortable to carry imo.

Don’t shoot your balls off, kid.

@Passive_Jay - please report in - have you received training yet?

Fucking classic. In celebration of the 2A ruling today.

3 Likes