question about ringworm

a few days ago, I got stuck doing some guard drills with a guy new to my jiujitsu club. I remember him smelling somewhat rank, and especially remember drops of his sweat landing on my neck, thought ok, need to wash that as soon as i get home. I did, but the next day i still had ringworm break out on my neck in all the spots were his sweat drops hit me. Now, is that normal, or do i need to keep away from his dirty ass?

You need to keep your ass away from everybody else, too. It is very contagious.

grr is it..gd dirty mofo..im gonna choke him out when i get back

Now that definitely sucks ass. slow torture for all ringworm carriers.
especially those that know they have it.

okay. .this is what ya need...

sandpaper, any type, any grade.. a very diluted bleach solution. scrath the worm a tab with the paper, doenst have to bleed, just get the top layer off. then wash the area with the solution. if the solution is too strong then it'll scar a bit... but it shouldnt last for too long. good news is that the worm is dead, guaranteed.

either that or you can get LAMASIL AT-- nothing else will work nearly as fast-- and use as directed. eventually itll go away. make sure to wash your bed sheets and all your rash guards, etc, etc...

as for the dirty mofo.. make sure everybody at the club knows that you got worm and you think it as from him. he should be made to bleach all his training gear and shower before practices. as well, if he transmitted worm then its damn likely he has worm somewhere and that location needs to be found and treated. he shouldnt be allowed on the mat until its gone and he can prove it.

I have found in my years of grappling (wrestling/judo) that alot of guys will not tell a (dirty, stinking, funky, nasty, filthy, no washing, dirt dauber) to go clean himself up. They seem to have the mind set that I must train, I must get better, or just plain old don't want to insult or hurt the guys feelings.

Well, I DON'T! I refuse to play with someone who's nasty. My health is more important. Don't get me wrong I will tell him in a manner not to embarrass him, but if he continues to come in that way, then do what you have to do. Embarrass him, call him out or even Kick him out until he (cleans) up his act.

Those that are the leaders in your clubs should not let someone play that way. Your younger players may not know the difference, but those that are aware of ringworm, and the necessity of cleanliness in general have an obligation to yourself as well as those around you to keep the dirt bags away.....

we call out guys on our team all the time. it isnt hard to be clean, all it takes is some water and soap dammit. this isnt the eastern bloc afterall.

Whoa! Are you sure this guy is the carrier?  I think ringworm takes at least a few days to breakout after contact.

That's right Josh...............tell them.

but that's my point. guys are not telling them. Case and point the guy who created this thread.

That guy is spreading the fungus to everybody in your club.

Burn him!....LOL!!!

Thanks for the tips Resnick. Cream seems to be wroking good. Ill have to pick up some sandpaper.

"I have found in my years of grappling (wrestling/judo) that alot of guys will not tell a (dirty, stinking, funky, nasty, filthy, no washing, dirt dauber) to go clean himself up. They seem to have the mind set that I must train, I must get better, or just plain old don't want to insult or hurt the guys feelings."

Bingo. I remember thinking to myself, man, this guy is fukin nasty, but i figured, hell, I'll suck it up. I didn't know shit like this was so contagious. Had i, i would have said something and then found another partner. Lesson learned

"Whoa! Are you sure this guy is the carrier? I think ringworm takes at least a few days to breakout after contact"

I've rolled with everyone in the club with no problems, then in comes a new stinky guy, sweats on my neck, and then the next day i have small red marks where his sweat hit me, 3-4 days later and those red marks have ringed out. My moneys on him.

burn him and his ringworm and it will stop forever - atleast for him it
will.

Where is the love?

5:48 here and i have nothing to do for the rest of the night besides stare at my computer screen. I'm feeling the love alright.

you guys know its NOT an actual worm, right...?

The following is from Health Promotion & Public awareness...

Ringworm

Ringworm is a contagious fungus infection that can affect the scalp, the body, the feet (athlete's foot), or the nails.

People can get Ringworm from: 1) direct skin-to-skin contact with an infected person or pet, 2) indirect contact with an object or surface that an infected person or pet has touched, or 3) rarely, by contact with soil.
Ringworm can be treated with fungus-killing medicine.
To prevent Ringworm, 1) make sure all infected persons and pets get appropriate treatment, 2) avoid contact with infected persons and pets, 3) do not share personal items, and 4) keep common-use areas clean.

What is Ringworm?

Ringworm is a contagious fungus infection that can affect the scalp, the body (particularly the groin), the feet, and the nails. Despite its name, it has nothing to do with worms. The name comes from the characteristic red ring that can appear on an infected person's skin. Ringworm is also called Tinea.

What is the infectious agent that causes Ringworm?

Ringworm is caused by several different fungus organisms that all belong to a group called "Dermatophytes." Different Dermatophytes affect different parts of the body and cause the various types of Ringworm:

Ringworm of the scalp
Ringworm of the body
Ringworm of the foot (athlete's foot)
Ringworm of the nails

Where is Ringworm found?

Ringworm is widespread around the world and in the United States. The fungus that causes scalp Ringworm lives in humans and animals. The fungus that causes Ringworm of the body lives in humans, animals, and soil. The fungi that cause Ringworm of the foot and Ringworm of the nails live only in humans.

How do people get Ringworm?

Ringworm is spread by either direct or indirect contact. People can get Ringworm by direct skin-to-skin contact with an infected person or pet. People can also get Ringworm indirectly by contact with objects or surfaces that an infected person or pet has touched, such as hats, combs, brushes, bed linens, stuffed animals, telephones, gym mats, and shower stalls. In rare cases Ringworm can be spread by contact with soil.

What are the signs and symptoms of Ringworm?

Ringworm of the scalp usually begins as a small pimple that becomes larger, leaving scaly patches of temporary baldness. Infected hairs become brittle and break off easily. Yellowish crusty areas sometimes develop.

Ringworm of the body shows up as a flat, round patch anywhere on the skin except for the scalp and feet. The groin is a common area of infection (groin Ringworm). As the rash gradually expands, its center clears to produce a ring. More than one patch might appear, and the patches can overlap. The area is sometimes itchy.

Ringworm of the foot is also called athlete's foot. It appears as a scaling or cracking of the skin, especially between the toes.

How soon after exposure do symptoms appear?

Scalp Ringworm usually appears 10 to 14 days after contact, and Ringworm of the skin 4 to 10 days after contact. The time between exposure and symptoms isnot known for the other types of Ringworm.

What is the treatment for Ringworm?

Ringworm can be treated with fungus-killing medicine. The medicine can be in taken in tablet or liquid form by mouth or as a cream applied directly to the affected area.

Infected persons should follow these steps to keep the infection from spreading:

Complete treatment as instructed, even after symptoms disappear.
Do not share towels, hats, clothing, or other personal items with others.
Minimize close contact with others until treated.
Make sure the person or animal that was the source of infection gets treated.

hate to break it to you.. but you dont' develop visible ringworm overnight.

It's easy to blame it on the smelly new guy, but that's not where it came from.

Regardless, I notified the instructor, so hopefully this problem will be taken care of by the time i get back.

Robkali,

Thanks for the health report!!!!

I bet alot of people didn't know those FACTS about ringworm, I certainly didn't.