Question about RingWorm....

Ive been having an argument over this...Someone please clear this up.

If I have ringworm on my feet. Lets say I roll, and my feet never touch my opponent. Can he still get ringworm from me?

Lets say I have ringworm on an area on my forearm. I tape this part up heavily, and wear a rash gaurd. Can my training partner still get ringworm from me?

Also, is ringworm located simply where the outbreak is visible? or is it all over a persons body, and only visible in certain areas?

TTT

Yes.

yes it can spread.. if you have it.. stay home until it is cleaned up! Be respectful to your training partners..

in short no they can't catch it without direct contact unless you were to touch your infected area then go on to touch them (very remote possiblity). check out this site...http://www.skinsite.com/info_tinea_corporis.htm

when i wrestled some people would cut their ring worm with an exacto knife put a little bleach on a band aid and cover the infected area so it wouldn't spread, you can try it but spending $5 on a cream is a better way

1...You douches...Im trying to convince someone that IT CAN be spread even if you dont touch the infected area...Hes saying that it cant.

Any more legitimate responses>?

BTW, Honestus, I checked that site out...and it doesnt give specific info on how it spreads with contact... Thats where my question lies.

there is creams out there that will kill the infection in a matter of hours, so it won't spread it might cost a little more but thats your best bet.

as for ring worm being cause by being dirty isn't true. yes, washing helps a lot but sometimes it just happens. I wrestled for most of my life and only got it once, from an animal not a human. its just a fungus pretty much the came as athletes foot, just uglier.

it says it ... direct contact...

Lets say I have ringworm on an area on my forearm. I tape this part up heavily, and wear a rash gaurd. Can my training partner still get ringworm from me?

if hes got it taped and wearing a rash guard it probably won't spread as long as he has cleaned the areas that come into contact with the infected area.

Also, is ringworm located simply where the outbreak is visible? or is it all over a persons body, and only visible in certain areas?

yes its a fungus, and only certain areas of the infection can spread it.

have him go to the drug store and ask a pharmacist, theres stuff out there relatively cheap that will make it non-contageious in a matter of maybe 8- 12 hours.

ugh.....see this is the problem... Everyone has their own answer, and it completley is on two different sides.

definately tell your friend to get a cream and use it. its only considered to be mildly contageious by doctors but its still better to be safe then sorry. its not just a question of good hygiene its also about peoples natural immunity to differnt fungi, some people can have it rubbed on them and not catch it others can just catch it from a brief touch, unless you know exactly how you react just have him put the cream on the "worm" and surrounding areas and cover it in multiple layers, if he gives it you you then beat him down.

Ok... 1 last question...

If he has it and trains on the mat, it gets spread to the mat right? So all people who come in contact with that area of the mat, can potentially get it? I know they should bleach the mats after every session, but Im talking about the time that he trained on the mat

it all depends on how far along the infection is and a lot of other factors. chances are no but it is possible if he comes into direct contact with the mat from an infected area and someone else come into direct contact to that same area. from what my doctor told me you can't catch it through indirect contact eg sweat ( something about the urea killing the fungus) so if he were to say rub his "worm" on the mat and you were to touch your bare back to that same spot then, well yeah you could get it.

best bet is if he has it get a cream and have him use it 1 day before the training session, and no matter what always wash the mat with bleach or another cleaning solution. theres much worse skin diseases then ringworm. like impentigo or scabbies, those can be spread a lot easier then the worm.

bleach and a blade works a lot better if your going to go that kind of route

How bout only answers from people that have had experience with it?

Don't use bleach it scars.

Lamisil works great.

If you tape it up to roll, make sure you clean up after you work out and dry it back out. The moisture is what makes it live longer.

You can also apply clear nail polish over the ringworm -- it keeps the moisture and air out (i.e. ringworm food) and makes it die faster.

Use anti-dandruff shampoo as body soap after you roll to help prevent ringworm.

Take acidophilus - also helps prevent ringworm.

The trick is to catch it early. Ringworm is actually very easy to identify even before it begins to form a ring. It starts off as an itchy pimple. What I suggest is to just put the cream on the zit, even if it may not be ringword. Its worth a try even if it doesnt end up being ringworm. BUT upside is, u'll kill it even before it rings out. It doesnt answer your question, but its just a general tip that i found that helps me. I've had like 3 ring worms cuz I rolled w/ some dirty bastards and I found that to help.

"If he has it and trains on the mat, it gets spread to the mat right? So all people who come in contact with that area of the mat, can potentially get it? I know they should bleach the mats after every session, but Im talking about the time that he trained on the mat."

My best friend once got ringworm from a tanning bed. She never had direct contact with anyone or any animals with it. Someone who had ringworm tanned in the bed before she did and it got passed onto her. I don't know if they didn't clean the bed very well in between sessions, but ringworm love to live in warm places. It's very possible the ringworm goes from person, to the mat, to another person.

I just let the shit go...fuck it,and your training partners. I figure it will
go away on its own, especially if I eat a high alkoloid diet rich in fiber.
And meditate.