Question about selling a car on Craigslist...

...I'm selling a car for $13,000.

In this day and age, do I accept cash only?

I wouldn't take a check (obviously), what's the drill here?

Sold some cars on CL, yes cash only too many scammers. I wouldn't even take a cashiers check unless you go to the bank with them to have it issued. Phone Post 3.0

NiteProwleR -

I know! Those child bearing hips, juicy ass tits legs and thighs! 

Yes! She makes those farm clothes sing with hotness. Funny show is an added bonus.

Hey man, I would like to call you but I can't I'm out of town. My son is graduating and I want to give the car to him for his accomplishments. I'm willing to pay 1,000 over x,xxx. Please send me your pay pal info so I can fuck you in the ass. Phone Post 3.0

Do you like to get robbery-raped? Please mark a box.

[ ] YES [ ] NO [ ] MAYBE

Muffler Bearing - Sold some cars on CL, yes cash only too many scammers. I wouldn't even take a cashiers check unless you go to the bank with them to have it issued. Phone Post 3.0

This is good advice.

I have accepted cashier's/certified/back checks but I let them know that I need to be able to verify the authenticity of the check/funds.

But its not unreasonable to ask for $13,000 in cash.

The most I ever paid for a car in cash was $26k.

But with cops and their asset forfeiture "laws", I dont think I'd do it again.

If they can't meet you at the bank, no do.

thanks guys, much appreciated

FreightTrain -
Muffler Bearing - Sold some cars on CL, yes cash only too many scammers. I wouldn't even take a cashiers check unless you go to the bank with them to have it issued. Phone Post 3.0

This is good advice.

I have accepted cashier's/certified/back checks but I let them know that I need to be able to verify the authenticity of the check/funds.

But its not unreasonable to ask for $13,000 in cash.

The most I ever paid for a car in cash was $26k.

But with cops and their asset forfeiture "laws", I dont think I'd do it again.

Thanks brotha!

Also, you can go to their bank that they either have the money in or are getting a loan from and arrange for the cash to be wired directly to your account. Typically it's only about a $20 charge. You can personally arrange this with the bank YOURSELF. It's traceable and verifiable on both ends. Phone Post 3.0

I've taken checks wrote out to me from the buyers bank (they took a loan out). Recently I sold my Escape and they only brought so much cash, they needed another $600 so I took a business check. Otherwise always cash.