Question about speeding ticket

I got a damn speeding ticket today for the first time in almost 9 years. I was in another state and I was on a road I haven't traveled on before. As a result, I was unaware of the speed limit, nor did I see any speed limit signs. Stupid excuse, I know, but it's true.

My question is - what is the best way to proceed with handling a ticket? My concern isn't necessarily the ticket itself, which I don't mind paying even though I'd rather not lol, but will this affect my insurance since it didn't happen in the state that we live in? Is there a way to get out of it? I'm wondering if it's easier to just pay the ticket or go to court and try to use my good driving record (does something like that exist?). I just really don't want this to jack up my insurance. Any help please?

Thanks Phone Post 3.0

In pa, i pay whatever is needed for a court date then go to court and they will offer you a plea deal. For me it was a reduced fine and all the points taken off. You dont even have to see a judge if u take the plea deal Phone Post 3.0

What state was the ticket and where do you live?

In IL, if you get a ticket in Wisconsin unless it's something serious like an accident, DUI, reckless driving, etc, they won't give a shit since they go out of there way to ticket people from out of state.

Live in RI. Ticket was in Massachusetts. Phone Post 3.0

JackCarterJones -
kyle223 - Live in RI. Ticket was in Massachusetts. Phone Post 3.0

Did you spell out Massachusetts cause you didn't know the abreviation off hand ?
It populated automatically for me. I will abbreviate it next time for you. Phone Post 3.0