Hey guys, it seems as if there are quite a few people on the OG living in Thailand now so i thought I might ask the OG for some advice.
I'm in the process of looking for a new job. I didn't get fired or laid off, i just need a change. I applied for a few international jobs in the middle east and in southeast asia and almost immediately got a response from a guy in thailand.
This is the job that he sent me that really fits well with my qualifications.
2) We also have openings in Thailand for Senior Onshore Civil / Structural Engineer and Structural Engineer CAD operator. Please find below the job details.
Position title : Senior Onshore Civil / Structural Engineer and Structural Engineer CAD operator
Location : Thailand , (Bangkok / Rayong)
Duration : 1 Years
Start date : ASAP Responsibilities
-Perform design of steel and reinforced concrete structures and foundations
-Prepare construction bill of materialsQualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering
- 0 to 4 years civil / structural engineering design experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and related industries
At the end of the email he asks for the following info:
If you are interested to the mentioned position, kindly please revert back the following details to me before 12 th April (Saturday)
1. Latest resume in MS Word format
2. Expected salary in USD, net to tax( PER DAY AND PER MONTH)
4. Date of Birth
6. Point of mobilization
So i guess my questions are... Would you advise moving to Thailand without being able to speak the language? Would i feel safe? What kind of salary should I ask for? What kind of salary is necessary to be able to live comfortably? fyi, this type of job would pay roughly 50-60k in the DC area (just as a rough estimate). Any and all info would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas!
Oh yeah, FRAT, etc. and creepy joe FTW tonight.