Question about the board game RISK

If I move two men into the next territory occupied by one man, then we roll two dice to one, but the top roll is a tie, then what happens? I've never played before and playing for first time with the wife.

It's your highest value against her highest value.

If it's a tie then you lose.  Tie goes to defender.  You got alpha'd.

Our directions say the highest verses the highest. Then next highest verses the next highest. Attacker rolls up to 3 die and defender rolls up to 2.

CanadaDry -

I understand I do lose, the directions say that. But what happens?

As the board sits now. I have two troops sitting in her territory with one troop. I lost the roll due to a tie, now what happens to those troops?

Do I just lose both troops and she remains in the territory? Or do my troops return to where the came from

wasabi -
CanadaDry -

She has to eat your ass now 

I think we figured it out. We've never played, just started

You lost your troops, right? I forgot the rules, haven't played in 20 years or more.

wasabi -
CanadaDry -

You can choose to attack another one of her territories. You just have to keep 1 troop on each of the lands you own to "defend".

Once you stop attacking, take land cards you took control of, (for instance, you capture 3 of her territories, draw three cards) the stars at the bottom of the cards indicate how many reinforcements you receive next turn, if you choose to turn them in. See the board game for reference.

REINFORCMENTS COME IN AT THE START OF EVERY TURN, DEPENDING ON THE CONTINENTS/TERRITORIES YOU OWN.

Good luck.

So did she eat your ass?

wasabi - As the board sits now. I have two troops sitting in her territory with one troop. I lost the roll due to a tie, now what happens to those troops?
You lose one guy. You can keep pushing or retreat.

BurgerWolf69 -
wasabi -
CanadaDry -

You can choose to attack another one of her territories. You just have to keep 1 troop on each of the lands you own to "defend".

Once you stop attacking, take land cards you took control of, (for instance, you capture 3 of her territories, draw three cards) the stars at the bottom of the cards indicate how many reinforcements you receive next turn, if you choose to turn them in. See the board game for reference.

REINFORCMENTS COME IN AT THE START OF EVERY TURN, DEPENDING ON THE CONTINENTS/TERRITORIES YOU OWN.

Good luck.
Just finished, fun game. Thanks for help. Not sure if we played everything correctly.

So you draw a card for EVERY territory captured? We were drawing one per turn if you happened to capture a territory during the turn. Not sure about the stars, maybe we have a different version.

CanadaDry -

So did she eat your ass?

Not yet

you lose one army

Just checked on rules, only take one territory card no matter how many territories are captured within a given turn. Not one per territory.