Question about The Rock movie (1996)

Is Sean Connery's character Mason, supposed to be James Bond? He was an SAS operative with government secrets etc. Did they play off of that and try to tie in Bond?

That's what they kind of insinuated but I don't think they were truly trying to tie it in as sequel or anything. Just an ode to his classic character.

pinoy413 - Is Sean Connery's character Mason, supposed to be James Bond? He was an SAS operative with government secrets etc. Did they play off of that and try to tie in Bond?

No.  

Plus Bond was never a prisoner in Alcatraz.

No. He has a unique knowledge of that prison facility as he was formerly a guest there.

Op drives a beige Volvo 

mixedmartialfarts -

Op drives a beige Volvo 

At least Carla was the Prom queen...

Tours over Bob

OP, I doubt it. But I'll look into it for you and I will do my best... to find out.

Losers are always whining about their "best."  Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!

I'm gonna enjoy guttin' you, BOY!

It's a grunge thing. 

DaveFu -

It's a grunge thing. 

It's some kind of thing

Watch it you fuckhead. You're going to pull my arm out.

I'm back after looking into it and damn it OP, you're on a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Like what kill him again?

OG_Crush -

OP, I doubt it. But I'll look into it for you and I will do my best... to find out.

Your best?

Do you like the Elton John song, Rocketman?

Chimonos Revenge -

Do you like the Elton John song, Rocketman?

I don't like soft-ass shit.

Thanks for the replies guys, but at this point all im worried about is, are you happy with your haircut?!