Question about tipping

You tip the delivery guy money to carry a 5 pound box to your doorstep, a job that you could easily do yourself, but you don't tip the delivery guy who carries two 150lb power sofas up 3 flights of stairs, a job that most are too fat or weak to do themselves.

WHY THE FUCK NOT? Phone Post

BatmanTookMyLunchMoney - You tip the delivery guy money to carry a 5 pound box to your doorstep, a job that you could easily do yourself, but you don't tip the delivery guy who carries two 150lb power sofas up 3 flights of stairs, a job that most are too fat or weak to do themselves.

*5 lb box of food Phone Post

BatmanTookMyLunchMoney - You tip the delivery guy money to carry a 5 pound box to your doorstep, a job that you could easily do yourself, but you don't tip the delivery guy who carries two 150lb power sofas up 3 flights of stairs, a job that most are too fat or weak to do themselves.

Mattress Giant treating you like shit?

Call the University of Phoenix.

Or go eat snickers Phone Post 3.0

flowwiththego -

Yeah he really isn't himself grab a snickers Phone Post 3.0

I tip movers. Phone Post

mathew10lb - 

I tip movers. Phone Post

Same.

I always thought tipping movers was a pretty standard practice.

PatrickFreitas -
mathew10lb - 

I tip movers. Phone Post

Same.

Seriously. What the fuck. Phone Post 3.0

flowwiththego -

I legitimately lold

Also, was very hungry when written Phone Post

clattymine -
PatrickFreitas -
mathew10lb -  I tip movers. Phone Post

Same.

Seriously. What the fuck. Phone Post 3.0

I'm lucky if I get tipped at one house out of the entire day.

I'm sure there are those that think "but its your job to do that, why should I tip derp derp derp". But you tip the pizza guy, you tip just about every other delivery service, but I don't make any more than they do.

I sound whiney, I get it. I'm really more frustrated at the double standard than the actual tip Phone Post

mathew10lb - I tip movers. Phone Post

You're awesome Phone Post

PatrickFreitas -

Same.

Youre awesome as well Phone Post

Some guy - How do you decide which profession to tip

Honestly, I don't know. But if you tip the guy who brings the pizza, would it not stand to reason that you'd tip the guy who brings and assembles your entire bedroom set?

Its common enough of a practice that I get 4 or 5 tips a week Phone Post

Uhh yeah you're supposed to tip movers... I thought that was just common courtesy. Here's a Green arrow for your troubles Phone Post 3.0

BatmanTookMyLunchMoney -
PatrickFreitas -

Same.

So who don't you tip? Phone Post 3.0

antifret -
BatmanTookMyLunchMoney -
PatrickFreitas -

Same.

So who don't you tip? Phone Post 3.0

Plenty of professions where its unheard of to tip (doctors, lawyers, etc...)

But just about any profession where its comon to tip, I do. Ill tip the sonic delivery kid, ill put some change in the tip jar at a coffee joint, my tattoo guy gets tipped, the pizza guy always gets his cut and you can best believe I tip my waiter/waitress any time i eat at a resturant, regardless if the service sucked (it does influence how much I leave tho). Phone Post

Apparently now you have to tip food truck guys too.

KOckyGOAT - I build pools and I've gotten tips. Once had a guy who tipped four of us, 50 apiece. Tips are a luxury in our line of work. Nothing to be mad about.

I could say "I came to your house, brought a pool, dug it, assembled, poured it and lined it. You tip a guy for bringing pizza, why not tip me?" But I don't think that cause I'm not a bitch. Phone Post 3.0

Here you go

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2735440 Phone Post

Crazy white people playing colonial master I guess. Have fun. Not something I do on a regular basis. If you're a waitress and do a decent job i'll leave 15%. Don't eat or order pizza. Haircut if I like it alot. Everyone else can go suck an egg.

KOckyGOAT - I build pools and I've gotten tips. Once had a guy who tipped four of us, 50 apiece. Tips are a luxury in our line of work. Nothing to be mad about.

I could say "I came to your house, brought a pool, dug it, assembled, poured it and lined it. You tip a guy for bringing pizza, why not tip me?" But I don't think that cause I'm not a bitch. Phone Post 3.0

You don't bitch about not getting tips bc pool guys aren't expected to be tipped. I have no knowledge of putting a pool together, so of course I need someone else to do it. I'm beginning to think the people we tip are the people who do jobs we can do ourselves, but choose not to do bc we're too lazy Phone Post

I tip my barber too, forgot about that one. Phone Post