-Question-Creating a fitness class

I am going to be starting a fitness and weight loss class at the gym I train at. I am going to be incorporating circuit training, cardio kick boxing and boxing, weight training, and various other forms of exercise. This will be my first time teaching a class like this. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips that could benefit from?

Thanks,
Sequoyah

What kind of tips are you looking for?  Your question is pretty broad and could go in a variety of directions:

-how to get clients/attendees?

-how to structure workouts?

-should programs be progressive?

-what type of equipment is best suited to group environments?

-should movements be done for reps or for time?

-would it be best to have circuits that had people switching from station to station vs having them all have access to everything needed in their own personal workout area?

-how to accomodate people of varying fitness levels at the same time

-pricing models?

-how to maximize long-term attendance/stick rates?

See what I mean?  There's just a lot that could be discusssed.  I know the business end a little bit (I've not done it personally, but know people that have and we've talked the business side a lot - I could prolly point you in the direction of some good reference materials and/or people that could help you out).  I actually designed versions of a couple of my products to be implemented in group settings, so I've gone through the ideas of various things to take into consideration when trying to design an effective group workout, too.

Let me know what exactly it is you could use help with, and I'll see what I can do.

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com

Wiggy -

What kind of tips are you looking for?  Your question is pretty broad and could go in a variety of directions:

-how to get clients/attendees?

-how to structure workouts?

-should programs be progressive?

-what type of equipment is best suited to group environments?

-should movements be done for reps or for time?

-would it be best to have circuits that had people switching from station to station vs having them all have access to everything needed in their own personal workout area?

-how to accomodate people of varying fitness levels at the same time

-pricing models?

-how to maximize long-term attendance/stick rates?

See what I mean?  There's just a lot that could be discusssed.  I know the business end a little bit (I've not done it personally, but know people that have and we've talked the business side a lot - I could prolly point you in the direction of some good reference materials and/or people that could help you out).  I actually designed versions of a couple of my products to be implemented in group settings, so I've gone through the ideas of various things to take into consideration when trying to design an effective group workout, too.

Let me know what exactly it is you could use help with, and I'll see what I can do.

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com

I am curious about all points that you have made. I am going to start a morning class at the mma gym i train at geared towards women. I have been searching google and talking with friends about it and gathering as much info as possible. Any detailed info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post