Question for bikers with loud bikes?

Say you got a mega loud Harley that makes houses rumble when you drive by them. Do you hear all that noise too? Like say if you got to travel like 100 miles. Do you have to listen to that commotion the whole ride or do you ride so fast that it trail behind you and you don't hear it as loudly?

where's that southpark video?

You get used to it. Phone Post 3.0

When you wear a full helmet it is much quieter. Also, if I drive more than 10 miles, I like to have my headphones in, listen to some tunes, and enjoy the ride :) Phone Post 3.0

I'd figure that after a while, they don't hear anything at all. 

WHA?!? Phone Post 3.0

If it's too loud you're too fucking old. Phone Post

VROOOM VROOOOOOOOM Phone Post

you can barely hear anything though a helmet

angryinch - 

I'd figure that after a while, they don't hear anything at all. 

Mihow - Can't they make them quite ? Phone Post 3.0
Quite what? Phone Post 3.0

As loud and obnoxious they are, loud pipes save lives. Phone Post

theres pipe quieters called baffles

seems like most guys remove em to be louder

its illegal to remove em, theres a noise limit for bikes too...

they can get a ticket for being too loud

Jacobmccrmck -
ravsta - As loud and obnoxious they are, loud pipes save lives. Phone Post
Learning to ride saves lives. Phone Post 3.0
Learning to drive helps too. Look twice before you change lanes I've seen more texting and driving while I'm riding, hell talking on the phone is enough to distract you. I'm not saying wrecks are all car drivers fault but more often than not its because they didn't see a bike. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - Can't they make them quite ? Phone Post 3.0

A well breathing air cooled V-twin engine is generally not going to be quiet, but there are certainly guys who put straight pipes with no baffles on their bikes because "I want a cool loud bike, fuck you!"

I'd suggest to them that they'd be better served with a well designed 2 into 1 pipe. It's not going to be "quiet" per se, but it won't be retardedly loud.

To answer OP's question, the wind is usually the loudest part of riding a motorcycle, especially a half helmet or the like, which most loud harley riders will be wearing, because it's far more important to look the part than to be safer.

I have seen pipes that are restricted and only open up past a certain throttle set point or manually. Pretty much identical to the on corvettes. Very quiet around town and idle. Loud as fuck and straight thru at high throttle. Phone Post 3.0

Some bikers wear ear plugs. Phone Post

Nothing but a bunch of fat fucks with loud bikes Phone Post 3.0

David Lea - 

Some bikers wear ear plugs. Phone Post

I have a Honda Shadow 750. It is quiet, but because I have the smaller helmet, I wear earplugs for anything out of town.