Question for Christians

Have you ever had a time when you questioned or doubted your salvation? What happened and how did you deal with it? I have gone through this a lot lately. 1st John is helpful as are the Psalms. I don't know, sometimes I feel so different from other Christians, like they all have their act together and I don't. I know this isn't true, I know that everyone struggles but I feel like they have something that I don't.

Bro, it's all about relationship. Whenever I feel like that, I first of all realize that I can't trust my feelings and then I realize that Christ hasn't left me, so I just try to re-initiate a relationship with Him.

Oh, and there are probably a number of other Christians who wonder how you have your act together and their still struggling along, barely making it.

If you need to talk you can email me, troysing@hotmail.com.

Puzzled

thanks Puzzled - I appreciate it. Maybe I should have your screen name right now.

Yeah. You could borrow it bro. I've learned to be at ease w/the fact that I don't have it all figured out so the name fits me. It's kinda like Paul when he said in Phillipians: "No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven."

I dont know how many times I must have prayed for God to hold me up because I couldnt do it myself. When I have felt this way, and I have many times since Ive become a christian, I simply tell God that there is no way I can do this on my own, and I need to have strength that I don't have to believe in my salvation as a fact.

You became a christian for a reason. Just remember that reason and ask God to guide you into security.

Thanks guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt like this.

I question and doubt everything ... everyday. It used to bug me, now I kind of like it ;)

My solution ... don't worry about it. Just try to be as nice to everyone as possible. Establish your "inner peace" and love the universe ;)

Trust me ... most "other people" do NOT have their act together at all, it's always a 'work in progress'!

Things work out fine forever only in the movies.

In real life they last for a while, then something happens, and you have to restart all over again.

Thanks DontWorry