Question for the Rev

I have read some of your posts on money, and I have a some questions.

Do you invest for retirement? Will you receive a pension from your church or the government?

If not, how will you sustain yourself in old age?

These are not questions to try and trap you (I would never try to do that to you anyway) or to make Rooster look good.

Just honestly curious as to what your plans are for this stage in your life.

ttt

He'll ask people for money all the while renouncing the hand that feeds him. He'll believe God is just using these wicked people to help him out in a pinch.

I will trust that the communities that I am involved with will care for me when I am unable to care for myself, which is what the church is supposed to do.

Rooster, is this another example of my obsession with your wallet? Is that why you came on this thread, clearly marked for me?

And Cherry, what rooster doesn't understand is that I ask people that know and love me, and trust my ministry to help support it. By them choosing me as part of their charitable giving they actually become less greedy, and self serving. I actually admire that. What I don't do is ask people to go work long hours, and devote their lives to making money, and then investing it wisely, so they can give me fifty dollars, and spend the rest on a nice SUV, that they apparently need.

rev

I responded to this thread because cherry mentioned "...not asking you to make Rooster look good...".

I figure that's an open invite. Especially since it had to do with a disussion in which you repeatedly lied...which is abhorrent to the Lord.

...and it's utterly irresponsible of you to expect other people to take care of you when you have the knowledge and means and ability to care for your self.

you: And Cherry, what rooster doesn't understand is that I ask people that know and love me, and trust my ministry to help support it.

me: really? So when you've been on this forum asking for money you were assuming that everyone on here knew and loved you and trusted your ministry?

you: By them choosing me as part of their charitable giving they actually become less greedy, and self serving. I actually admire that.

me: lol, you mean it's NOT ok for people to be accountable and responsible for themselves and their families, but that they should work so that they can turn around and give you the money, so the can learn to be "less greedy."

Was that what you were teaching your buddy who flew you around and bought you an expensive steak? thank goodness you haven't converted all of your circle to you class envy position or you would have a smaller and smaller circle of people to give to you.

you: What I don't do is ask people to go work long hours, and devote their lives to making money, and then investing it wisely, so they can give me fifty dollars, and spend the rest on a nice SUV, that they apparently need.

me: if you're implying I do, your misconceptions about me are as distorted as your ability to read scripture.

Hey Rev, Matthew 28:19 says to "...go ye therefore and teach all nations..."

So, when are you going to go to Iran, or syria, or china and disparage all those "secret disciples" while you boldly proclaim the gospel.

I am still stunned that you had the gall to disparage those who live under the threat of death every and lied about me over and over, while cursing and declaring your self a "rev".

If I seem upset, I am. You don't know me, you don't know where I've been or what I've done.

I stated a biblical position. That you can be wealthy and be a disciple and you went ballistic. It's like, if anyone disagrees with you or your positions, you turn into this vitriolic caricature of everything you hate about "fundies".

Thanks for answering John.

Oh yes, everyone, rooster just calmly mentioned that he had an alternate teaching that some people might think about, and big mean john freaked the hell out. Yeah, that is it.

I have not lied about you at all. Not once.

you are defensive,

rev

"So you can keep counting your money, and teaching other people to store up treasures for themselves on earth, and putting it off like its some godly thing, and still make it in."

me: that wasn't true...or saying that I would RATHER emulate joseph of arimithea over Jesus.

I can find some more examples where you just sort of over generalize or misconstrue to make a sharp contrast that doesn't exist.