Question for you keiko guys

How exactly is the fit for you super slender guys? I'm 6'1 and 165-170lbs. This puts me in the A3 range, but I'm afraid the top will be super baggy. I plan on trying to shrink it up some, but not sure how these things shrink compared to other gis. Phone Post

I've yet to see anyone with a keiko that is too baggy. I'm 6'4" and 185 lbs. I wear an A4 and the top is too snug, if anything. It fits me well but not loose.

I think there's quite a narrow fit on the keiko gi top. I'm an A2-A3, 5'9 but quite stocky. I shrank the top a little, and it fits perfectly across the shoulders now. Anymore and I would have to get rid. It is fitted and certainly pulls in at the waist. Hot wash and hot dry and it will shrink anyway if you need it to. Phone Post

A3 top fits me perfect. 6'2 188. You're too tall for an A2. The sleeves wouldn't be regulation

A3 top fits me perfect. 6'2 188. You're too tall for an A2. The sleeves wouldn't be regulation

keiko are very slim

hey I have a keiko A3 and I'm like 6'1 - 6'2" ish and about 170 pounds. I like the gi, I have only cold washed and hung dried it and the sleeves are like 2-3 inches off my wrist bone (I have like a 76" wingspan fingertip to fingertip). I competed in it and had no problems. The thing I like about the gi is that it doesn't stretch much like most lightweight gis. (I have the navy blue limited edition one) The gi top and pants are a little baggy but an A2 would be way too short on me.

I have a shoyoroll A3-S as well and the sleeves on that are actually a tad too long. But it fits really well everywhere else.

I fit in an A3 in most gis.

If you need more measurements, lemme know

Definitely for slender people. I am 5'9 170 and a A2 was a terrible fit on me. Phone Post

I dont agree that keiko is for tall slim people. Im 6'4 180lbs and it did not fit me well at all. The a3 was way to short in the arms, sleeves were baggy, armpits pinched, and there was yards of material left scrunched on my back. Would never endorse this gi as the " tall skinny one".

plasticonoband - I dont agree that keiko is for tall slim people. Im 6'4 180lbs and it did not fit me well at all. The a3 was way to short in the arms, sleeves were baggy, armpits pinched, and there was yards of material left scrunched on my back. Would never endorse this gi as the " tall skinny one".

sounds like you needed an A4

I'm 6'1" 160lbs and I have 2 A2s. The navy pants are a little short but the top i sperfect. The black one fits perfect all around.

Navy A2

Black A2..

I was able to pick up the limited blue a3 from fightersmarket for $120, which was an amazing deal.

@lukemorgan, I'm an A2 in Korals and Shoyoroll, and they fit amazing, but I usually fall in the A3 category everywhere else. Hopefully it will fit after a nice cold wash and a little time in the dryer. I usually have a problem with my gi pants being a little short on me. My white mamba pants are a perfect fit though, and I'm sure these will fit just as well. I guess if it's too bad, I can always send it back for an A2.

Just looked at some measurements of an A3 that had been dried a tiny bit, and matched them up to my shoyoroll. Hopefully if the shrinkage is similar, the fit should be great when it's all done.

hopefully it fits well, that is a good price too

i love the fit b/c im stocky, broad shoulder,and back. it covers my chest.

^
everything except that jon snow.