Question on .NET Migration?

I was wondering if this is possible and if someone knows how to do it? I started to create an ASP.net web page in the 2.0 .NET framework. I'm using Visual Studio 2005. I've downloaded the 3.5 .NET framework to my computer and would like to migrate the web page to convert it to 3.5 and finish off development that way. Can I do this with Visual Studio 2005? If so do you know how?

I think you'll need VS 2008 man. There might be a hack for 2005, but I don't know of any.

Hmm, I can see that being possible. Anyone else?

The main question is: why? What are you trying to do? If you need 3.5 specific features then just get VS2008 or download the free express version. If you aren't doing anything you can't do with 2.0 then stick with 2005. I guess the other thing you might do is delete all of your assembly references and then use references to the new framework assemblies instead. Still, the IDE was built specifically for 2.0. With VS2008 you can target different framework versions.

I'd like to use something specificially in the 3.5 framework. I'll have to see what the company policy is on VS2008.

If there's company policy on dev software then there's probably deviation requests as well. Seems like compiling for the 3.5 framework would qualify. You probably know the business case for it anyways, so 2008 is your best option.